About the project
Improve the health of Leicester’s homeless population
- Reduce barriers to the homeless population accessing services
- Reduce stigma in healthcare
- Increase awareness of homelessness
Every year many homeless people receive health promotion and advice from students working for project LIGHT.
Project LIGHT is overseen by three academics at the University of Leicester Medical School:
- Professor Elizabeth (Liz) Andersen, Lead for Patient Safety and Interprofessional Education
- Steve Malcherczyk, Lecturer in Medical Ethics and Law
- Dr Andy Ward, Associate Professor in Medical Education and Honorary Senior Academic GP.
The charity also has a part-time Coordinator, Nicole Bergman.
The leadership team can be reached at Projectlight@leicester.ac.uk.
- Learning through working with homeless people (PDF, 229kb)
- Making international links to further interprofessional learning: a student-led initiative for the homeless population (PDF, 79kb)