- Graham R Gibbs of the University of Huddersfield's YouTube channel and particularly his video on 'The Research Interview'
- East Midlands Oral History Archive training materials
- Oral History Society
- Baylor University Institute for Oral History
- Shopes, L. History Matters - Making Sense of Oral History
- Forum: Qualitative Social Research
- Greenhalgh, T. & Taylor, R. How to read a paper. Papers that go beyond numbers (qualitative research). Introducing non-experts to finding medical articles and assessing their value
- UK Data Service
- Perks and Thompson (eds) (2006) The Oral History Reader. 2nd edition, Routledge.
- Rubin, H. J., and Rubin, I. S. (2006). Qualitative Interviewing: The Art of Hearing Data. 2nd edition, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Seidman, I. E. (2006). Interviewing as Qualitative Research: A Guide for Researchers in Education and the Social Sciences, 3rd edition. New York: Teacher's College Press.
- Steinar, K. (2007). Interviews: An Introduction to Qualitative Research Interviewing. 2nd edition, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Thompson, P. (2000) Voice of the Past. 3rd edition, Oxford University Press.
- Yow, V.R. (2005). Recording oral history: a practical guide for social scientists. 2nd edition, Sage.