School of Education

Making an application

Applications for teacher training are no longer made through UCASTT (UCAS Teacher Training) but via the GOV.UK website.

When finding our courses, make sure to search for 'University of Leicester', rather than just 'Leicester'.


If you completed your degree in the last five years, please ensure that your first reference is from an academic referee. If you are a current undergraduate student, your academic referee must provide a degree prediction, stating that you are expected to achieve a 2:1 or above.

We recognise that, for mature students who completed their undergraduate degree some time ago, providing an academic reference may not be appropriate.  

Candidates are also required to provide a second reference and we recommend that this be a teacher in a school where you have gained experience. For the Primary PGCE, it is preferable if the second referee is a headteacher or senior leader.

Back to top