Presessional English Language 6 weeks (minimum IELTS 6.0): Module E,
Our 6-week Presessional Programme will give you the English language and academic skills you need for successful study at a UK university.
UK fee £2,400
International fee £2,400
Taught by English Language Teaching Unit
Charles Wilson Building, 7th floor
Our 6-week Presessional Programme will give you the English language and academic skills you need for successful study at a UK university. Our supportive and friendly teachers guide you in developing your academic language ability, as well as study skills, and as classes have sixteen students or less, you will also learn through interaction with their classmates.
All materials are included in the cost of the programme and are carefully selected to prepare you for the level of language you will meet in in an English academic environment.
You must have 4.0 minimum in all skills, and we recommend a minimum of 6.0 in writing.
English Language Requirements
Fees and funding
Student Visa or Dependant Visa.
At each stage of the programme there are exams to test your skills and check your progress in reading, writing, speaking and listening. You will also do regular written work, which will be marked by your teacher.
After the programme
After the programme
Students who complete the Presessional Programme will receive a University of Leicester Assessment of English (ULAE) score. If the ULAE meets the language conditions of your offer, you will receive an unconditional offer for your academic programme.
After you start your degree, master's, or PhD, you can continue to receive help from the English Language Teaching Unit. The ELTU provides a range of support classes and tutorials for international students studying at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Learn how to structure and write academic essays.
- Develop reading skills to deal with long academic texts quickly and effectively.
- Develop speaking skills for seminars, tutorials and presentations.
- Build your academic and general English vocabulary across a range of topics.
- Practise your note-taking by attending real lectures given by guest lecturers from departments across the University of Leicester.
- Research and write a 1,500 word essay in your subject area, and learn key academic research and study skills such as referencing and how to avoid plagiarism.
Modules shown represent choices available to current students. The range of modules available and the content of any individual module may change in future years.
|Course Presessional English (On Campus)||Duration 6 weeks||Attendance Full-time||Start Dates July 2023||Availability Apply Now|
|Course Presessional English (Online)||Duration 6 weeks||Attendance Full-time||Start Dates July 2023||Availability Apply Now|