Study Abroad Unit

How to apply

Completing your application process

Please note that the application portal for Fall semester 2021 will open in March 2021.

Stage 1 - Get in touch

Contact the Study Abroad Office at your home university. They will be able to confirm if you are eligible to apply.

Stage 2 - Decide which programme you will apply for

Confirm with your home university what programme you can apply for - either exchange, Erasmus+ or direct applicant.

Stage 3 - Complete the online application form

You must first complete the online application form. This form will ask you to provide your personal information, previous qualifications and home university details.

  • Full Year 2021/22
  • Fall 2021

You must also upload the following documents:

  • Current university transcript (minimum CGPA 3.0).
  • Copy of the photo-ID page of your passport.
  • Personal statement - for example, outlining: your passion for your chose subjects, your determination and focus, experience and aspirations. Typically a maximum of 4,000 characters (approximately one side of A4)
  • If English is not your first language, please provide evidence of your proficiency in English. We require a minimum IELTS level for each subject listed below:
    • Science* modules: 6.0 IELTS or equivalent (*Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geology, Physics. Also the ELTU)
    • Law modules: 7.0 IELTS
    • All other modules: 6.5 IELTS

Please see our University's English Language requirements for more information.

Please note that you will need to obtain at least a 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking in IELTS (or equivalent).

Students coming from non-partner universities will be asked to provide a nomination letter and two academic reference letters.

Stage 4 - Complete the subject indication form

You must then indicate from which academic department you wish to select classes (called modules at Leicester). Access the subject indication form.

Once your application has been accepted

  • You will be contacted by the Study Abroad team to select your preferred modules (classes). Choices will be subject to departmental approval and availability.
  • If you are applying for a Student Visa, request a CAS by logging into My Student Record

arrow-downarrow-down-3arrow-down-2arrow-down-4arrow-leftarrow-left-3arrow-left-2arrow-leftarrow-left-4arrow-rightarrow-right-3arrow-right-2arrow-right-4arrow-uparrow-up-3arrow-up-2arrow-up-4book-2bookbuildingscalendar-2calendarcirclecrosscross-2facebookfat-l-1fat-l-2filtershead-2headinstagraminstagraminstagramlinkedinlinkedinmenuMENUMenu Arrowminusminusrotator-pausec pausepinrotator-playplayc playplussearchsnapchatsnapchatthin-l-1thin-l-2ticktweettwittertwittertwitterwechatweiboweiboyoutubeyoutube