How to apply
Completing your application process
The below information is for students applying from one of our partner universities. If you are applying independently, please visit the applying as an independent student page.
Stage 1 - Get in touch
Contact the Study Abroad Office at your home university. They will be able to confirm if you are eligible to apply. If so, they will need to nominate you to us as either an exchange or fee-paying student.
If you are applying independently, find out how to apply as an independent applicant.
Stage 2 - Complete the online application form
Once you have been nominated to us by your home university, we will send you full details on how to apply, along with a link to the application form. This form will ask you to provide your personal information, previous qualifications and home university details.
You must also upload the following documents:
- Current university transcript (minimum CGPA 3.0).
- Copy of the photo-ID page of your passport.
- Personal statement - for example, outlining: your passion for your chose subjects, your determination and focus, experience and aspirations. Typically a maximum of 4,000 characters (approximately one side of A4)
- If English is not your first language, please provide evidence of your proficiency in English. We require a minimum IELTS level for each subject listed below:
- Science* modules: 6.0 IELTS or equivalent (*Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geology, Physics. Also the ELTU)
- Law modules: 7.0 IELTS
- All other modules: 6.5 IELTS
Please see our University's English Language requirements for more information.
Please note that you will need to obtain at least a 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking in IELTS (or equivalent).
Stage 3 - Select your modules
We will contact you to advise you on how and when to select your modules (classes).
Once your application has been accepted
- You will be contacted by the Study Abroad team to select your preferred modules (classes). Choices will be subject to departmental approval and availability.
- If you are applying for a Student Visa, request a CAS by logging into My Student Record