CELI hosts academic visitors in within its areas of research.
Visiting Fellows normally are expected to be academics of postdoctoral status. Exceptionally, PhD and masters students may be associated as Academic Visitors, however, CELI will not be able to provide supervision. We are unable to offer a stipend or administrative support, but you can find a list of funding sources in the 'Funding Opportunities' section. However, we endeavour to provide shared office space (subject to availability) and access to a computer and wireless network. Visiting Fellows have full access to the extensive research and library resources of the University. Visiting Fellows may attend lectures and courses and interact and engage with faculty as well as with other Visiting Fellows programs across the university. Visiting Fellows are expected to participate in the research activities of the Centre, in particular its research seminars and may be invited to present a seminar on their research during their stay at Leicester.
Applications for Visiting Fellowships can be submitted at any time to the CELI Co-Directors. Applications should contain
- A general visitor application form (63KB, docx)
- A cover letter, containing the intended timing of the visit, a statement of motivation and the names of the academic(s) at Leicester whose research is most closely related to the project of the Visiting Fellow
- A curriculum vitae, (no longer than six pages with a list of publications)
- A statement of the intended research agenda or project
- Two references (not required in case of established academics)
Please note that the Law School charges a ‘bench fee’ as a contribution to the costs of the University and School of £283 per month.
We are unable to assist with finding accommodation, but guest rooms are available at College Court.