Nucleus genomics is a state of the art core facility. We enable researchers both within, and outside the University, to incorporate the very latest Genomics technologies in their experiments.
The facility is equipped with various state-of-the-art platforms:
- Next Generation Sequencing Platforms: Illumina Miseq, Oxford Nanopore MinION
- 10X Genomics Chromium Controller for single genomics applications
- Microarray Scanners: Illumina iscan and Agilent C-scanner
- High throughput quantitative PCR platforms: Roche Light Cycler
- Digital PCR platform: Bio-Rad QX200
- Systems for quality check: Nanodrop (ND8000 - 8 channel), Quantus Fluorometer, Agilent Bioanalyser
Projects can be handed over to the nucleus team for completion, or conducted in some form of collaboration with the users. To enable this, a support model has been devised that also involves training and laboratory hotel activities.
The facility is a non-profit academic laboratory. Our customers are charged on a cost recovery basis. Pricing for our systems is provided for guidance.