- School group visits to the Attenborough Arboretum are still available in 2023/4.
- School group visits to the Botanic Garden are fully booked until 15th July 2024.
Activity ideas with children as part of a family group when visiting the Botanic Garden.
Opportunities are available for schools and groups to use the Botanic Garden or Attenborough Arboretum to lead their own educational activities. Classrooms can be hired. Please contact us to discuss availability.
However we do ask that you:
- Pre-book and let us know the type of activities you are planning. This is for your benefit as well as ours as we can advise you what other activities are happening that day and whether these will interfere with your plans. Please note pond dipping can only be led by those named on our licence. Classrooms are available to hire at both sites
- Remember the Botanic Garden and Attenborough Arboretum are for education and research and not a public park for sports style activities
- Recognise that some activities need a member of the Botanic Garden staff present
- Recognise that during the school summer term and at other busy times we will ask you for groups over 12 in number to hire enough rooms for your group. This is because when self-guided visits use the Garden and the toilets this limits what taught programmes we can offer on those days. This is for us a loss of income. Therefore to partly compensate for this we would need you to hire a classroom suitable for your group size. Please contact the Botanic Garden for prices
- During busy periods you may not be able to use the glasshouses as these will be being used to maximum capacity by those on taught programmes.