Students with autistic spectrum conditions (ASC)
There are a number of services available to support students in their studies, and many students use the AAC on a regular basis.
If you know that you have ASC then come into the AccessAbility Centre (AAC) to discuss your support requirements and to find out about the support available to you.
Please make an appointment and if possible bring a copy of a document that states you have ASC. This could be a doctor’s letter, a copy of your original diagnosis letter or a section from your Statement of Educational Need paperwork. If you have a specific learning difficulty such as Dyslexia or Dyspraxia you can have support for these too.
Through the AccessAbility Centre, students with ASC can arrange:
- Disabled Students' Allowance applications
- Examination access arrangements
- One to one study skills advice for Dyslexic type difficulties
- Dyslexia assessments
- Library support
- Specialist support for students with an ASC. Including:
- one to one study support
- more intensive individual support
- advice from students with an ASC to prospective and current students who also have an ASC; and general information to help you settle in to life at the University of Leicester.