The Stoneygate Award has been made possible thanks to a generous philanthropic donation. The awards are designed to help academically able students who have faced barriers to attending university. There are three awards available.
These scholarships recognise students who have overcome adversity or made sacrifices in pursuit of their goals, ideally in service to something greater than themselves.
Each successful awardee will be awarded an annual £3,000 scholarship per year for a maximum of three years..
How to apply
- Simply write up to 250 words explaining how you will benefit from the award. Demonstrate how you have overcome challenging personal circumstances to starting your degree studies, and how a Stoneygate Award will help you.
- Applications will close on Friday 2 September 2022.
- Winners will be notified during October 2022, and their awards will be paid in February 2023.
You must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a new 'Home' student starting a full time undergraduate campus-based course at the University of Leicester in September 2022.
- You must meet have achieved at least AAB in your A-levels (or at least 128 tariff points equivalent).
- Your household income must be below £25,000 as assessed by Student Finance, following a means-test assessment.
- You must have lived in a Quintile 1 post code area for the last three years.
If your application is successful, we will ask for evidence before confirming your award.
Acceptance of a Stoneygate Award does not affect eligibility for any other scholarship or financial aid schemes