We welcome students from Peru!
If you have completed the Certificado de Educación Secundaria Común Completa you will need to take a Foundation Year to be eligible for admission to an undergraduate degree at Leicester. For information about the International Foundation Year please see the International Study Centre website.
Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees
- If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see individual course pages for entry requirements.
- If you have already completed the first year of an undergraduate degree at a Peruvian university, you may be considered for entry to the first year of a Bachelor's degree if you have studied relevant subjects.
For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.
Postgraduate (Masters) degrees
If you hold a Bachelors degree (Título de Licenciado/Título Profesional) with a minimum average of 13/20 you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree (depending on the subject you wish to study). If you hold a Bachiller with a minimum average of 15/20 you may be considered for entry to some Masters degrees.
For more information about available degrees please see the individual course pages.
PhDs and other research degrees
To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification, such as MPhil, DClinPsy, DSocSci, EdD or MD) you must have a Bachelors degree (Título de Licenciado/Título Profesional) from a recognised Peruvian university, usually in a related subject area, with a minimum average of 13/20 (depending on the subject you wish to study) which is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (also known as a 2:1).
You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.
Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.
English language requirements
Please see details of our English language requirements.
Scholarships and funding opportunities
- President's Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
- We have a limited number of University of Leicester Santander Scholarships from Banco Santander. These are worth up to £5,000 and are available for all one-year, full-time taught Masters degrees.
- Leicester is an approved university for PRONABEC Beca Presidente de la República students for relevant subject areas including Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Information and Communications Technologies, Environmental Sciences, Basic Sciences (including physics, chemistry, mathematics and biochemistry), Education, Engineering and Materials Science. More information on the scheme can be found on the UK Higher Education International Unit website and the official PRONABEC site. Please contact the International Office (email@example.com) for questions regarding PRONABEC and applying to Leicester.
- Any scholarships which are for a specific degree will be listed on the relevant course page.
Visits to your country
No visits planned at present
Other sources of information