The University of Leicester welcomes students from Mexico.
You can find country specific information here including entry requirements for our courses, and information about the Mexican student community.
The Future Students Office team
The Future Students Office can provide you with more information about studying in the UK at Leicester.
Please visit our contact us page for details.
Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees
If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see individual course pages for entry requirements.
If you have already completed the first year of an undergraduate degree at a Mexican university, you may be considered for entry to the first year of a Bachelors degree if you have studied relevant subjects.
If you do not meet the entry requirements for one of our courses, you can apply for an International Foundation Year run by the Global Study Centre. The GSC provides academic support to help you progress to your chosen undergraduate degree at the University of Leicester.
For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.
Postgraduate (Masters) degrees
If you hold a Bachelors degree (Licenciatura) with a minimum average of 8.0/10.0 you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree.
For more information about available degrees please see the individual course pages.
PhDs and other research degrees
To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification) you must have a Bachelors degree (Licenciatura) from a recognised Mexican university, usually in a related subject area, with a minimum average of 8.0/10.0 (depending on the subject you wish to study) which is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (also known as a 2:1).
You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.
Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.
English language requirements
Please see details of our English language requirements
Agents in your region
We work with the following agent in Mexico:
- LoveUK, Mexico D.F
Scholarships and funding opportunities
The University of Leicester offers a number of scholarships for new international students. You should also check in your own country whether scholarships are available for study overseas, from your government or other organisations.
- President's Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
- FUNED: We have an agreement with the Fundación Mexicana para la Educación, La Tecnología y la Ciencia (FUNED) through which we offer scholarships worth a 20% discount in tuition fees. For more information, please visit the FUNED website. Students may combine scholarships from FUNED with a Santander scholarship.
- FIDERH - Banco de Mexico: We have an agreement with the Fondo para el Desarrollo de Recursos Humanos of Banco de Mexico (FIDERH) through which we offer scholarships worth a 20% discount in tuition fees. For more information, please visit the FIDERH website. Students may combine scholarships from FIDERH with a Santander scholarship.
- CONACYT: The Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia (CONACYT) offers scholarships for postgraduate studies abroad.
- Lumni Mexico provide interest-free loans for postgraduate studies abroad. Please visit the Lumni website for further information.
- Any scholarships which are for a specific degree will be listed on the relevant course page
Visit our scholarships page for more funding opportunities.
We have partnership agreements with universities in your country, including:
- Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla
- Universidad de las Américas Puebla
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
If you are currently studying an undergraduate degree in your home country it may be possible to study with us for a semester or a year. Please check with your home university whether they have a partnership with Leicester or whether your studies with us could be taken as an accredited part of your degree.
Mexican student community
The University of Leicester welcomes students from all over the world. In 2015-16 this included 5 students from Mexico.
Discover what it's like to study at Leicester by reading our international student profiles...