The University of Leicester welcomes students from Taiwan.
You can find country specific information here including entry requirements for our courses, and information about the Taiwanese student community.
Your International Officer
The International Officer for Taiwan is Vicky Chadderton.
If you would like more information about studying at Leicester, there are many ways you can get in touch. Please visit our contact us page for details.
If you have graduated from High School in Taiwan you will need to complete a Foundation Year to be eligible for admission to an undergraduate degree in the UK.
Please visit the International Study Centre website for information about the International Foundation Year or the International Year One for Management programmes.
Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees
- If you have taken a Junior College Diploma, you will be considered for entry to the first year of a Bachelors degree. In exceptional circumstances, you may be considered for second year entry.
- If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see individual course pages for entry requirements.
- If you have already completed the first year of an undergraduate degree at a Taiwanese university, you may be considered for entry to the first year of a Bachelors degree if you have studied relevant subjects.
For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.
Postgraduate (Masters) degrees
If you have been awarded a four-year Bachelors degree you can be considered for entry to a Masters degree at Leicester.
Our requirements depend on the rank of the university from which you graduated and your chosen Masters degree:
- If you studied at a national university or one of the leading private universities in Taiwan you may be asked for 70% overall.
- If you studied at another university you may require 75-80%.
- Some individual modules relevant to your chosen Masters degree may require specific scores.
For more information about available degrees please see the individual course pages.
PhDs and other research degrees
To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification, such as MPhil, DClinPsy, DSocSci, EdD or MD) you must have a four-year Bachelor' degree from a recognised Taiwanese university with approximately 75% overall, usually in a related subject area (depending on the subject that you wish to study) which is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (also known as a 2:1).
You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.
Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.
English language requirements
International student community
The University of Leicester welcomes students from all over the world. Of our 13,000 full-time, campus-based students, over 25% come from outside the EU, from more than 70 different countries.
Ya-Huei, Museum Studies
"The best thing about living in Leicester is making friends with people from all over the world and experiencing many different cultures."
We have partnership agreements with universities in your country. If you are currently studying an undergraduate degree in your home country it may be possible to study with us for a semester or a year. Please check with your home university whether they have a partnership with Leicester or whether your studies with us could be taken as an accredited part of your degree.
Other sources of information