Registering with the Police
Some international students from outside the EU are required to register with the Police. If you are required to register with the Police, this will be stated on your visa in your passport, or on your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).
If you arrive during the International Welcome Week (IWW), you can book an appointment for Police Registration. You will find further information about times and dates of the IWW on their website.
After the IWW week appointments can be made at Student Welfare Service Reception for on-campus Police Registration until the beginning of November. After this you can register directly at the Nationality Office in the Hinckley Road Police Station. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for opening times.
When you register with the Police you should take with you:
- Your passport
- Two passport-size photographs
- £34 registration fee (cash only)
- Your accommodation tenancy agreement
- A letter confirming that you are a student at the University of Leicester (you will receive this at the visa checkpoint)
- Completed registration form (available from International Welcome Week Information Desk, Student Welfare Reception or the Nationality Office)