Café Research is an opportunity for researchers to get together and talk about their research in an informal setting. We run this event four times a year and an evening will typically feature three or four speakers from across the University followed by a meal.
- 7 July 2021, 5.00pm UK Time - Emily Harper "Chronoradiotherapy: reducing radiotherapy side effects by using the body's clock" and Leonardo Feletto "Title To Be Confirmed"
Images of Research
Images of research is a pictorial competition for our research staff and students. Entrants create an image that communicates their research, findings and passion for their subject which is put on public display on campus.
- 24 November 2021
Doctoral Inaugural Lectures
Our Doctoral Inaugural Lectures celebrate and showcase doctoral graduates who are academically outstanding and who can present their work in an engaging and accessible way. A University highlight and a terrific success with both audiences and those taking part. All lectures are introduced by the Director of the Doctoral College and are followed by a reception.
- 31 March 2021 5.00pm UK Time – Dr Rob Wilks "Making Equality Law Work For Deaf People" and Dr Tunde Huszar "Breaking Ground With New Technologies In Forensic Genetics"
- 28 April 2021 5.00pm UK Time – Dr Hollie Marshall “Imprinted genes in bumblebees may explain why workers commit treason” and Dr Joseph Wanford "Hiding from the host: macrophages as a replicative niche during Klebsiella pneumoniae infection"
- 18 May 2021 5.00pm UK Time – Dr Hannah Smith "Survivability in kidney transfer: exploring the everyday experiences and geographies of kidney failure, dialysis and transplantation" and Dr Helena White - “HIV related tuberculosis in the United Kingdom: epidemiology, practice and control”
- 29 September 2021 5.00pm UK Time – Dr Carrie Crockett and Dr Sam Turnpenney
An opportunity for PhD Researchers to showcase what they can do over the course of a fun day! This event features the Three Minute Thesis Competition and a Poster Final Competition.
- 31 March 2021
Researcher Wellbeing Day
Our Researcher Wellbeing Day encourages any level of researcher to take some time off to support their wellbeing.
- 10.00am – 11.00am (BST) Stretch Class
- 11.00am – 11.45am (BST) Writing for Wellbeing
- 11.45am – 12.30pm (BST) Drawing For Wellbeing
- 12.30pm – 1.00pm (BST) The Creative Fellow Project
- 1.00pm – 1.30pm (BST) The Disability / Women / LGBTQ+ / BAME Forums
- 1.30pm – 2.00pm (BST) The International Tea Tasting Challenge
- 2.00pm– 2.45pm (BST) Coping with Stress and Uncertainty
- 3.00pm – 3.45pm (BST) Yoga
- 4.00pm – 5.00pm (BST) Mindfulness Directed Meditation
- 5.00pm – 6.30pm (BST) The Doctoral Inaugural Lectures
Email email@example.com for booking link.
- 18 May 2021
Doctoral College Week
The University of Leicester’s postgraduate research students, early career researchers and research staff will be celebrated in a range of events for the Doctoral College Week.
With events open to all levels of staff and students, the week will involve development workshops, public lectures, poster competitions and more!
Lunchtime lectures offer our researchers the opportunity to present their research to the public. Lectures are free and take place on Fridays starting at 12.30pm and last no more than 20 minutes. Date to be confirmed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for booking information on any of the above events.