REACH teacher privacy notice for teachers, advisers, care workers and/or parents
The REACH team is a collaborative partnership underneath the Widening Participation Team at the Universities of Leicester, De Montfort and Loughborough.
As Lead Institution the University of Leicester is the main contact and data controller via email@example.com.
This privacy notice explains how we use your personal information and your rights regarding that information.
What information are you collecting?
The information stored and processed by the REACH team for booking an activity may include any of the following:
- Identifying details (including your name)
- Contact details (including your work address, email address, mobile/telephone numbers, School/college/employer)
- Communications sent to you by the REACH team and partner institutions or received from you
- Activities or events your learners have taken part in (including campus visits, open days, summer schools etc.) at any partner campus
- Number of learners who have special needs relating to mobility and access, sensory impairment or special learning needs and the anonymous details of these requirements
- Number of learners who meet Widening Participation criteria and the anonymous details of these criteria (Free School Meal/Pupil Premium/educational bursary eligibility, Widening Participation cohort inclusion, ethnicity, disability, Looked after Children, Estranged, Independent Living Young Adult Career and Refugee status, and POLAR4 quintile data from postcode)
Why are you collecting my data?
If you are recruiting a group of learners from your school/college/institution to a REACH activity you will be sending back their completed booking form(s).
Parents/Carers may be asked to complete a booking form on behalf of their child/dependant.
This information allows us to comply with our Safeguarding Policy to keep your learners safe.
How will you use this data?
The data collected by the REACH team will be used to ensure that you and the learners you bring to the University or Partner campuses are safe during the activity in line with the host Institution’s Safeguarding Policies.
What is the legal basis for processing the data?
Your data will be processed under the legal basis below:
- Legitimate interest – processing activity to contact teachers and provide them with information which could be of interest of their pupils
- Performance of a contract – For teachers which attend events
- Performance of a contract - For care workers/parents which either attend the events with their children or provide their children’s personal information for them to be able to attend the event
If you are sharing my data with others, who are you sharing it with?
Your data is held in one place by the REACH team in a password protected file which is controlled to make sure that only those people that need to see it have access to it.
We do not share your data with anyone outside of the REACH team unless in a Safeguarding situation.
We do not share your data outside of the EEA.
How long will you process my data for?
- Campus Visits/Holiday Clubs/conferences – we will retain your data for a maximum of 1 year from the visit
- Campus Visits/Holiday Clubs/conferences attendee data – Please see REACH team privacy notice – individual learners for more details
What are my rights and how can I enforce them?
You can, at any point, tell us if you no longer want us to process your data – even if you have previously given us permission to do so. You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to request this. We always aim to comply with these requests, if for any reason we are unable to we will let you know the reason why.
Please find below the rights you have regarding the data that you have provided:
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- Right of rectification
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to object
- Right to data portability
How do I complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office?
The Information Commissioner can be contacted on:
- Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK95AF
- 0303 123 1113
- ICO website