Pathways privacy notice for teachers, advisers, care workers and/or parents
Information you need to know
The Pathways team is a collaborative partnership underneath the Widening Participation Team at the Universities of Leicester, De Montfort and Loughborough, the University of Northampton and local FE colleges.
The Pathways partnership has a separate website. Please refer to the site’s privacy notice in case you would like to know how your data is processed if you are an online user of the website.
As Lead Institution the University of Leicester is the main contact and data controller via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Loughborough University
- De Montfort University
- University of Northampton
- Leicester College
- Loughborough College
This privacy notice explains how we use your personal information and your rights regarding that information.
What information are you collecting?
The information stored and processed by the Pathways team via email@example.com may include any of the following:
- Identifying details (including your name/staff attending)
- Contact details (including your work address, your work email address, your work telephone numbers, School/college/employer)
- Communications sent to you by the Pathways team or received from you via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activities or events your learners have taken part in (including campus visits, open days, summer schools etc.) at any Partner campus
- Anonymised learners’ postcodes to determine eligibility for events and activities as set out by the Office for Students (OfS) as a requirement to receive funding
- Number of learners who have special needs relating to mobility and access, sensory impairment or special learning needs and the anonymous details of these requirements
- Number of learners who meet Widening Participation criteria and the anonymous details of these criteria (Free School Meal/Pupil Premium/educational bursary eligibility, Widening Participation cohort inclusion, ethnicity, disability, Looked after Children, Estranged, Independent Living Young Adult Career and Refugee status, and POLAR3 quintile data or NCOP Ward data from postcode)
For learners taking part in Mentoring only:
- Predicted GCSE grades
For attendees of on Campus activities only:
- We will ask the parents/carers of the learners (pre-16) or the individual learners themselves (post-16) to provide us with additional information. Please see Pathways team privacy notice – individual learners for more details
Why are you collecting my data?
Teachers are key contacts to the Pathways team. You may probably be the point of contact to provide data about groups of learners which have been booked or selected to participate on our activities.
Parents may be asked to complete application forms on behalf of their children/dependants.
This information allows us to comply with the host institution’s Safeguarding Policies to keep your learners safe as well as maintain our booking records.
How will you use this data?
The data collected by the Pathways team will be used to ensure that you and the learners you bring to the University or Partner campuses are safe during the activity in line with the host Institution’s Safeguarding Policies.
Data collected will also determine eligibility of learners on events and activities as set out by the Office for Students (OfS) as a requirement to receive funding.
What is the legal basis for processing the data?
Your data will be processed under the legal basis below:
- Legitimate interest – processing activity to contact teachers and provide them with information which could be of interest of their pupils
- Performance of a contract – For teachers which attend events.
- Performance of a contract - For care workers/parents which either attend the events with their children or provide their children’s personal information for them to be able to attend the event.
If you are sharing my data with others who are you sharing it with?
Your data is held in two places by the Pathways team:
- In a password protected file at University of Leicester, as lead Institution, which is controlled to make sure that only those people that need to see it have access to it.
We do not share your data with anyone outside of the Pathways team unless in a Safeguarding situation.
We do not share your data outside of the EEA.
How long will you process my data for?
- Campus Visits/Holiday Clubs/Residentials – we will retain your data for a maximum of 1 year from the visit
- Mentoring/CEIAG – we will retain your data for a maximum of 1 year from the end of the current academic year
- Campus Visits/Holiday Clubs/Residentials attendee data – Please see Pathways team privacy notice – individual learners for more details.
What are my rights and how can I enforce them?
You can, at any point, tell us if you no longer want us to process your data – even if you have previously given us permission to do so. You can contact us on email@example.com to request this. We always aim to comply with these requests, if for any reason we are unable to we will let you know the reason why.
Please find below the rights you have regarding the data that you have provided:
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- Right of rectification
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to object
- Right to data portability
How can I complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office?
The Information Commissioner can be contacted on:
- Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK95AF
- 0303 123 1113
- ICO website