Teacher mailing list privacy notice for teachers and advisers
The Widening Participation team and Student Recruitment Team are part of the University of Leicester. The University of Leicester is the Data Controller for your information.
This privacy notice explains how we use your personal information and your rights regarding that information.
What information are you collecting?
The information stored and processed by the Widening Participation team and Student Recruitment team for booking a Campus Visit or talk or workshop by a member or members of the team may include any of the following:
- Identifying details (including your name/staff attending)
- Contact details (including your work address, your work email address, your work telephone numbers, School/college/employer)
- Communications sent to you by the Widening Participation team and/or Student Recruitment team or received from you
- Activities or events your learners have taken part in (including campus visits, open days, summer schools etc)
Why are you collecting my data?
If you are bringing a group of learners from your school/college/institution to a University campus visit or booking a member of the team for a talk or a workshop, you will be asked to complete a booking form.
This information allows us to comply with our Safeguarding Policy to keep your learners safe as well as maintain our booking records.
How will you use this data?
The data collected by the Widening Participation team and/or Student Recruitment team will be used to ensure that you and the learners you bring to the University are safe during the Campus Visit in line with the University’s Safeguarding Policy.
What is the legal basis for processing the data?
Your data will be processed under the legal basis below:
- Legitimate interest
If you are sharing my data with others, who are you sharing it with?
Your data is held in one place by the Widening Participation team and Student Recruitment team in a password protected file which is controlled to make sure that only those people that need to see it have access to it.
We do not share your data with anyone outside of the Widening Participation team and Student Recruitment team unless in a Safeguarding situation.
We do not share your data outside of the EEA.
How long will you process my data for?
- Campus visits – we will retain your data for a maximum of 1 year from the visit
- Talk/workshop booking data – we will retain your data for a maximum of 1 year from the visit
What are my rights and how can I enforce them?
You can, at any point, tell us if you no longer want us to process your data – even if you have previously given us permission to do so. You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to request this. We always aim to comply with these requests, if for any reason we are unable to we will let you know the reason why.
Please find below the rights you have regarding the data that you have provided:
- Right to withdraw consent
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- Right of rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Rights related to automated decision making including processing
How do I complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office?
The Information Commissioner can be contacted on:
- Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK95AF
- 0303 123 1113
- ICO website