1. 2021 - Abbott Educational Grant - £75000
2. 2017; 2018 - HYPORESOLVE [ HYPOglycemia : REdefining SOLutions for better liVEs- H2020 IMI 2 grant from EU [ Co-Investigator] - value €26.8 million [ KCL €1.2million]
3. 2017; JDRF Project grant: Using neuroimaging to understand the role of cognitions in restoring hypoglycemia awareness in adults with type 1 diabetes and impaired awareness of hypoglycemia;$653199.41[ Principal investigator]
4. 2016; Immunological and Cellular Strategies in Metabolic Disease; IRTG grant from €5m [Co-Applicant]
5. Beyond Education: A hypoglycemia awareness restoration program for people with type 1 diabetes and problematic hypoglycemia persisting despite optimised self-care (HARPdoc) JDRF Project grant $2.2 m [Co-Applicant].
6. Developing and trialling the DAFNE (Dose for Adjustment for Normal Eating) intervention. A lifelong approach to promote effective self-management in adults with type 1 diabetes. NIHR [Co-Applicant]
1. Jeyaventhan, R, Gallen, G, Choudhary, P, Hussain, S. A Real-World Study of User Characteristics Safety and Efficacy of Open-Source Closed-Loop Systems and Medtronic 670G. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2021 May 17. doi: 10.1111/dom.14439. Online ahead of print. PMID: 33999488
2. Diouri O, Cigler M, Vettoretti M, Mader JK, Choudhary P, Renard E, HYPO-RESOLVE Consortium. Hypoglycaemia detection and prediction techniques: A systematic review on the latest developments. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2021 Mar 15;e3449. doi: 10.1002/dmrr.3449. Online ahead of print. PMID: 33763974
3. Garrett CJ, Moulton CD, Choudhary P, Amiel SA, Fonagy P, Ismail K. The psychopathology of recurrent diabetic ketoacidosis: A case-control study. Diabet Med. 2020 Dec 24;e14505. doi: 10.1111/dme.14505. Online ahead of print. PMID: 33368581
4. Nwokolo M, Amiel S, O'Daly O, Macdonald IA, Zelaya FO,Choudhary P. Restoration of Hypoglycemia Awareness Alters Brain Activity in Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2021 Feb;44(2):533-540. doi: 10.2337/dc20-1250. Epub 2020 Dec 16. PMID: 33328282
5. Leelarathna L, Choudhary P, Wilmot E, Lumb A, Street T, Kar P, Ng SM. Hybrid Closed-loop therapy: Where are we in 2021? Diabetes Obes Metab. 2020 Dec 2. doi: 10.1111/dom.14273. Online ahead of print. PMID: 33269551
6. Choudhary P, Wilmot E, Owen K, Patel D, Mills L, Rayman G, Winocour P, Ayman G, Patel R, Hambling C, Nagi D. A roadmap to recovery: ABCD recommendations on risk stratification of adult patients with diabetes in the post-COVID-19 era. Diabet Med. 2021 Mar;38(3):e14462. doi: 10.1111/dme.14462. Epub 2020 Dec 12. PMID: 33230813
7. Chandran SR, Zaremba N, Harrison A, Choudhary P, Cheah Y, Allan J, Debong F, Reid F, Treasure J, Hopkins D, Ismail K, Stadler M. Disordered eating in women with type 1 diabetes: Continuous glucose monitoring reveals the complex interactions of glycaemia, self-care behaviour and emotion. Diabet Med. 2021 Feb;38(2):e14446. doi: 10.1111/dme.14446. Epub 2020 Nov 23. PMID: 33141942
8. Wilmot E, Lumb A, Hammond P, Murphy HR, Scott E, Gibb FW, PlattsJ, Choudhary P. Time in range: a best practice guide for UK diabetes healthcare professionals in the context of the COVID-19 global pandemic. Diabet Med. 2021 Jan;38(1):e14433. doi: 10.1111/dme.14433. Epub 2020 Nov 16. PMID: 33073388
9. Camerlingo N, Vettoretti M, Facchinetti A, Sparacino G, Mader JK, Choudhary P, Del Favero S. An analytical approach to determine the optimal duration of continuous glucose monitoring data required to reliably estimate time in hypoglycaemia. Sci Rep. 2020 Oct 23;10(1):18180. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-75079-5. PMID: 33097760
10. Chandran SR, Jacob P, Choudhary P. A systematic review of the effect of prior hypoglycaemia on cognitive function in type 1 diabetes. Ther Adv Endocrinol Metab. 2020 Feb 14;11:2042018820906017. doi: 10.1177/2042018820906017. eCollection 2020. PMID: 32110374
I am closely involved in the MSc for diabetes module run by the University of Leicester. I’ve contributed to some of the existing modules in helping update them. I’ve also co-created a new module on type one diabetes and technology.
I am currently chair of the Diabetes Technology Network-UK working to improve access to technology for diabetes through training education and advocacy. I am also a member of the EASD post-graduate education committee and the medical advisory panel on diabetes to the department of transport in the UK as well as an associate editor for Diabetic Medicine.