I am Professor of Materials Engineering at School of Engineering University of Leicester. Prior to that he held various academic and research positions at Aston University, University College London and NTT basic research Labs.
• Co-Editor-In-Chief for Journal of Functional Diamond • Fellow of Institute of Physics • Member of Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET)
• Member of Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET)
• Member of Materials Research Society
• Chartered Engineer (CEng)
• Member of The Gemmological Association of Great Britain (DGA)
• Fellow of High Education Academy (FHEA)
• CVD and PVD growth of thin films and coatings
• Antibacterial materials and structures
• Surface functionalization and applications
Current Research Projects
• Marie Curie H2020-RISE
• Lloyd’s Registrar Foundation PhD studentship Award
• STFC PoC Project
• Innovate UK Industrial Challenge Project with Teer Coatings Ltd
• Horizon Europe Marie Curie Fellowship
• UK Royal Society APEX Award
(0) 1. X. Cui, S. P. Brown, X. Liu, A. Tatton, H. Ye and A. Mash, Nanodiamond promotes surfactant-mediated Triglyceride removal from a hydrophobic surface at or below room temperature, American Chemical Society - Applied Materials & Interfaces 4 (2012) 3225-3232. This article received considerable world-wide media attention and highlighted by EPSRC.
2. S. Su, J. Li, V. KundrÃ¡t, A.M. Abbot, H. Ye, Hydrogen-terminated detonation nanodiamond: impedance spectroscopy and thermal stability studies, Journal of Applied Physics 113 (2013) 023707, 1-8.
3. J. Li, S. Su, L. Zhou, V. KundrÃ¡t, A.M. Abbot, F. Mushtaq, D. Ouyang, D. James, D. Roberts, H. Ye, Carbon nanowalls grown by microwave plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition during the carbonization of polyacrylonitrile fibers, Journal of Applied Physics 113 (2013) 024313,1-6.
4. S. Su, J. Li, G.C.B. Lee, K. Sugden, D.J. Webb, H. Ye, Surface morphological analysis of femtosecond laser-induced micro fluidic channels on single crystalline diamonds, Applied Physics Letters, 231913 (2013)1-4.
5. Y. Yang, H. Wang, Q. Zhou, M. Kong, H. Ye, G. Yang, Improved lithium storage properties of electrospun TiO2 with tunable morphology: from porous anatase to necklace rutile, Nanoscale, RSC Publishing, 5 (2013) 10267.
6. X. Cui, S. Belo, D. KrÃ¼ger, Y. Yan, R. Rosales, M. Jauregui-Osoro, H. Ye, S. Su, D. Mathe, N. KovÃ¡cs, I HorvÃ¡th, M. Semjeni, M. A. Green, and P. J. Blower, Aluminium Hydroxide Stabilized MFe2O4 (M = Mn, Fe, or Co) Nanoparticles: Dual-modality Contrasts Agent for MRI and PET Imaging, Biomaterials, 35 (2014) 5840-5846 .
7. J. Zhao, J. Liu, L. Sang, M. Liao, D. Coathup, M. Imura, B. Shi, C. Gu, Y. Koide and H. Ye, Assembly of a high-dielectric constant thin TiOx layer directly on H-terminated semiconductor diamond, Applied Physics Letters 108 (2016) 012105.
8. H. Xu, H. Ye, D. Coathup, I. Z. Mitrovic, A. D. Weerakkody, X. Hu, An insight of p-type to n-type conductivity conversion in oxygen ion-implanted ultrananocrystalline diamond films by impedance spectroscopy, Applied Physics Letters 110 (2017) 033102.
9. A. Cumont, R. Zhang, L. Corscadden, J. Pan, H. Ye*, Characterisation and antibacterial investigation of a novel coating consisted of mushroom microstructures and HFCVD graphite, Materials and Design 189 (2020) 108498.
10. Y Zheng, R Zhang, X Chen, P Hing, J Liu, J Wei, J Wang, C Li, H Ye*, Doomed Couple of Diamond with Terahertz Frequency: Hyperfine Quality Discrimination and Complex Dielectric Responses of Diamond in the Terahertz Waveband, ACS Applied Electronic Materials 2 (2020) 1459.
11. Q. Jiang, J. Yang, P. Hing and H. Ye, Recent advances, design guidelines, and prospects of flexible organic/inorganic thermoelectric composites, Materials Advances, 82 (2020) 1, 1038-1054. This article has been selected for inclusion in the 2021 Popular Advances collection.
12. N. Miriyala, D.J. Kirby, A. Cumont, R. Zhang, B. Shi, D. Ouyang, H. Ye*, Synthesis of carbon onion and its application as a porous carrier for amorphous drug delivery, Crystal 10 (2020) 281.
13. A. Cumont, A. Pitt, P. A. Lambert, M. R. Oggioni & H. Ye, Properties, mechanism and applications of diamond as an antibacterial materials - Functional diamond 1 (2021) 1-28.
14. A. Cumont, R. Zhang, Y. Zheng, L. Corscadden, M. R. Oggioni, C. Li, R. Liu, H. Ye, Antibacterial properties of polycrystalline diamond films, Ceramics International, 2021, in press. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2021.08.151
• EG4006: Fourth Year Project Convener
• EG2121: Materials Process Convener
• Third Year Project Supervision
• MSc Project supervision
• Personal Tutors for Year 1- 4 and industrial placement students
identification of diamond gemstone and synthetic diamonds
micro and nano electronic devices
antimicrobial resistance surface and mechanism