I joined University of Leicester in 2015 before which I took different positions as an engineer or a researcher in the field of power electronics.
I am RAEng Leverhulme Research Fellow (2022-23).
Currently, I serve the editorial boards and learned societies as the
Editor of IET Power Electronics journal
Deputy Editor of IET Electrical Systems in Transportation journal
Associate Editor of Proceedings of the Royal Society A journal
Chapter Chair of IEEE UK and Ireland Section Power Electronics Society (PELS)
Currently, I also serve as the external examiners for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes for UK universities including Newcastle, Northumbria, Teesside.
Prognosis and health monitoring (PHM), Intelligent Power Module (IPM), Active Gate Drivers (AGD), Packaging, Sensing, Reliability and Qualification.
Self-Monitoring and Resilient Control for eTransportation including Switching-Mode PWM and Resonant DC/DC Power Converters, Onboard Battery Charger (OBC), Battery Management System (BMS), thermal management.
Selected publications appear below. Please refer to my Google Scholar or Publons profiles for an updated publication list.
Dr K. Tan, thesis on 'Active gate driver and switching characterisation for high-power IGBT modules', now an assistant professor with Anhui University
Dr B.P. Alalibo, thesis on 'Condition Monitoring and Fault Detection for Electrical Machines using Advanced Sensing Techniques', now an R&D engineer with Mott MacDonald
Current PhD students
Mr J. Wei
Miss H. Chen
Mr S. Ding
Mr Z. Li
Mr G. Xia
Mr P. Yu
Mr C. U. Osuji
EG 1201 Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EG 3211 Power Electronics
EG 2004 Engineering Experimentation and Analysis
EG 2005 Engineering Design
EG 3005 Third Year Project
EG 4006 Fourth Year Project
EG 7020 MSc Project
Press and media
1. My research work on the 'Smart power converters for game-change drone technology' was reported by EastMidland BusinessLink - September 2022
2. My research work on the 'control and design optimisation of Press-pack IGBTs' teamed up with China and UK institutes and China Southern State Power Grid Company was reported by IET Partner News Magazine, Page 21, issue 37 - Autumn 2018.
3. My research work to enable power electronics company to improve a condition monitoring system was reported by â€œTheJournalâ€, 2020 Vision - June 2014: www.thejournal.co.uk/2020vision
Editor - IET Power Electronics
Editorial Coordinator - IET Power Electronics
Associate Editor - Proceedings of the Royal Society A
Associate Editor - Frontiers in Electronics (specialty section of Industrial Electronics)
IET Power Electronics
Topics Editor - MDPI Electronics
Guest Editor - Special Issues on â€œWBG Semiconductor Power Electronics for Industrial and Automotive Applicationsâ€ in IET Power Electronics
Guest Editor - Special Issue on â€œDesign and Applications of Wide Bandgap Devices for Power Electronicsâ€ in Journal of Power and Energy Engineering
1. My research work on 'Smart power electronics for drones' was reported by East Midlands Business Link - September 2022
2. My research work on the 'Control and design optimisation of Press-pack IGBTs' teamed up with China and UK institutes and China Southern State Power Grid Company was reported by IET Partner News Magazine, Page 21, Issue 37 - Autumn 2018.
3. My research work to enable power electronics company to improve a condition monitoring system was reported by TheJournal, 2020 Vision - June 2014: www.thejournal.co.uk/2020vision