Expert opinions cover middleaged entrepreneurs descended testicles in mammals heatwaves sex work football and heritage sites
In an article for The Conversation, Dr Sukanlaya Sawang from our School of Business has discussed how research shows that the probability of entrepreneurial success jumps after the age of 35, increasing up to the age of 60.
- Read the article 'Why middle-aged entrepreneurs are better than young ones' hosted on Think: Leicester here
In an article for The Conversation, PhD student Neil Adams from our School of Geography, Geology and the Environment has discussed how 'molecular fossils' in the DNA of elephants could help explain why their testicles are inside their bodies.
- Read the article 'Descended testicles: DNA study drops new hints on secrets of low hanging gland' hosted on Think: Leicester here
In an article for The Conversation, Professor John Martin from our School of History, Politics and International Relations has discussed how the current heatwave is unlikely to cause the price hikes of 1976 for a number of reasons.
- Read the article 'Why the 2018 heatwave will not be as bad as 1976 for your fruit and vegetables' hosted on Think: Leicester here
In an article for The Conversation, Professor Teela Sanders from our Department of Criminology has discussed how sex work using the internet is safer for sex workers and easier to police – why would MPs want to change that?
- Read the article 'Banning sex work advertising online will put sex workers in danger' hosted on Think: Leicester here
In an article for The Conversation, John Williams from our School of Media, Communication and Sociology has discussed how every England fan in Moscow knows that that football is 'coming home', but can England really claim to be where the world's most popular sport rests its head?
- Read the article 'Football’s coming home! But where is ‘home’ really for the England team?' hosted on Think: Leicester here
In an article for The Conversation, Dr Sean Avery from our School of Geography, Geology and the Environment has discussed how Lake Turkana's status as a World Heritage Site hasn't protected it from environmental threats
- Read the article 'How Ethiopia and Kenya have put a world heritage site in danger' hosted on Think: Leicester here
Are you a doctoral student/academic at the University of Leicester? Would you like to contribute an opinion piece about your research or topical news to The Conversation or Think: Leicester? Contact the News Centre to pitch your idea or read our submission guidelines.