Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)
What is the HEAR?
The Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) provides a single comprehensive record of your achievement. It is a digital transcript you can access once you have completed your studies.
The HEAR is designed to:
- be shared securely with others, for example with a potential employer or other higher education institution
- fully capture your academic performance
- act as an aide memoire when making applications for jobs and further study
You are eligible for a HEAR if you:
- Graduated from an undergraduate campus-based course from 2012 onwards
Graduates of the following programmes are not eligible to receive a HEAR:
- School of Medicine
- BA Humanities
- Lifelong learning courses
- Incoming Erasmus and Joint Year Abroad (JYA) students
Graduates who have been awarded one of the following degrees are not eligible to receive a HEAR:
- Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
- Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE)
- Any Postgraduate award including Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE), Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate.
Please request a copy of your full academic transcript.
Accessing your HEAR
The University of Leicester will create an account for you with Gradintel and will contact you to advise when it has been uploaded. Gradintel will send an email to your University of Leicester email when your account is ready to be activated. This will be after you have received your final award and your degree is conferred. If you believe there is an error on your HEAR please contact the Student Records Office at email@example.com
My University of Leicester account has expired but I haven’t activated my Gradintel account. What should I do?
When your details are initially registered with Gradintel we will only register your University of Leicester email account, which will remain active until 31 August of the year you graduate (if you graduate in July) or 28 February of the year you graduate (if you graduate in January).
You will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, student number and the email address that you wish your Gradintel account to be linked to
Please note that when changes are made to the email account that is assigned on your Gradintel record an activation email will be sent to you. Your account must be activated within 30 days.
Who do I contact if there is an error with the activity shown on my HEAR?
Email the Student Records Team at email@example.com.
You will need to confirm the following information when you contact them:
- Full name
- Student number
I have activated my Gradintel account but can’t remember my log in details
Unfortunately once you have activated your account with Gradintel we are unable to reset your record. If you follow the steps below Gradintel will be able to reset your record and enable you to access your HEAR:
- Click the login button on the Gradintel website
- Click “Lost Account Details”
- Follow the prompts to receive assistance from the Gradintel Customer Service team