ESRC Impact Accelerator Award
The University of Leicester is one of 26 UK universities to be awarded an Impact Acceleration Account by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC IAA) of £1 million over four years (2019-2023). This will help our social scientists collaborate with businesses, policy makers and communities to create research opportunities which positively impact society and the economy. The aims of our IAA are:
- Accelerate the impact of our social science research by greater engagement with user groups, including public, private and third sectors, through both existing strategic and new partners through the means of our rapid response mechanisms;
- Improve and track the economic and societal impact of our excellent research in social sciences, increasing engagement with other disciplines for impact;
- Increase understanding of social sciences impact both outside and across the whole institution at all career levels, raising the profile of Leicester's social science research regionally, nationally and internationally.
Our funds will be channelled into capacity building and academic-led impact and knowledge exchange activities. Our IAA allocates funds to:
- Our Rapid Response scheme for academics to apply to develop work with partners
- Our Strategic Partnerships scheme to create eight long-term partnerships with non-academic organisations
- Training for our PhD students and early career researchers
- A communications and events programme focusing on the Festival of Social Science taking place in November each year
More details of IAA funding opportunities (University of Leicester staff only).