Start-up Innovation Grant
Need a boost to your new business? Leicester Innovation Hub offers grants of up to £1,000 for innovative new start-ups with lots of growth potential.
What’s on offer
- £1,000 funding to grow your business
- Access to exclusive Start-up Workshops hosted by an exciting line-up of expert guest speakers who will provide advice on start-up and business growth
- Coaching to help you make it happen
- Access to entrepreneur and industry mentors
Criteria and eligibility
For University of Leicester students about to finish their degree or recently graduated (last 3 years), who have recently started trading.
We’re looking for:
- Credible and innovative ideas with high growth potential
- Applicants who demonstrate the personal qualities needed to make their idea a success (knowledge, enthusiasm, drive)
Step 1 - Apply
Express your interest by completing this application form. We’ll then get in touch with you to provide the full application pack.
As part of your application you will need to provide:
- Up-to-date CV
- Business plan outline (template will be provided)
- Cash flow forecast covering at least 12 months (template will be provided)
Step 2 – Pitch
Subject to review of your application, we will invite you to a panel meeting.
At this meeting you will be asked to give a short presentation on your idea to a panel of 2-3 Innovation Hub team members. This will be followed by an informal question and answer session.
Step 3 – Learn
If you're successful, we’ll work with you to set achievable milestones for spending your bursary. We will invite you to take part in an exclusive series of business essential workshops.