Start-up Innovation Grant
Need a boost to your new business? Leicester Innovation Hub offers grants of up to £1,000 for innovative new start-ups with lots of growth potential.
What’s on offer
- £1,000 funding to grow your business
- Access to exclusive Start-up Workshops hosted by an exciting line-up of expert guest speakers who will provide advice on start-up and business growth
- Coaching to help you make it happen
- Access to entrepreneur and industry mentors
Criteria and eligibility
For University of Leicester students about to finish their degree or recently graduated.
We’re looking for:
- Credible and innovative ideas with high growth potential
- Applicants who demonstrate the personal qualities needed to make their idea a success (knowledge, enthusiasm, drive)
- Businesses based in Leicester/Leicestershire
- Businesses or individuals registered with HMRC or Companies House (in the last 12 months) or who have plans to do so very soon
Step 1 - Apply
Express your interest by emailing LeicInnovation@le.ac.uk. We’ll then get in touch with you to provide the full application pack; we will ask you for an outline of your business idea and summary of your expected cashflow over 12 months.
Step 2 – Pitch
Subject to review of your application, we will invite you to meet with two or three Innovation Hub team members to discuss your business.
Step 3 – Learn
If you're successful, we’ll work with you to set achievable milestones for spending your bursary. We will invite you to take part in an exclusive series of business essential workshops, and we may invite you to access workspace available at the Leicester Innovation Hub.