Got a spark of an idea? Ever considered starting a business or being self-employed?
Supported by Santander Universities, our Start-up Fund is designed to help entrepreneurial students like you test new ideas with lots of potential. The Start-Up Accelerator helps you kick start your own business or social enterprise with £1,000 worth of funding and business start-up support!
What’s in it for you?
- £750 funding bursary toward testing your idea and getting started
- A programme of workshops designed to help you market test your idea (more details below)
- Coaching to help you make it happen
- Online resources centre to help develop your ideas
- Through the Leicester Start-up Accelerator you’ll also have opportunities to access:
- Experienced Entrepreneurs and industry mentors
- Start-up work-space at the Leicester Innovation Hub
- Further funding, competitions and networking events to raise funds, profile and expand your networks
How to apply
The Start-up Seed Fund is open to all students studying at University of Leicester. We’re looking for:
- Realistic and innovative ideas with the potential to grow quickly
- Applicants showing commitment and willing to receive support from the Start-Up Accelerator
- Applicants who demonstrate the personal qualities needed to make their idea a success (knowledge/enthusiasm/drive/sense of fun)
- Both pre-startup and post startup ideas
Step 1 – Apply
Please download, complete and return the following assessment form and one-page business plan by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on 17 February 2019.
- Assessment sheet
- One-page business plan 'Business Model Canvas' template
- Guidance on completing the Business Model Canvas
Step 2 - Interview
You’ll hear back from us just after the deadline and those with the best ideas will be invited to present their idea to our team.
Step 3 – Learn
After meeting with all applicants we’ll let you know whether you’ve successfully secured the funding. We’ll then work with you to set achievable milestones for spending your bursary.
If successful we will invite you to take part in Lean Launchpad, an exclusive workshop series designed to help you market test your idea. Workshops will take place on the following dates:
- Saturday 2 - Sunday 3 March
- Friday 8 March, 2.00pm-4.00pm
- Friday 15 March, 2.00pm-4.00pm
- Friday 22 March, 2.00pm-4.00pm
- Friday 29 March, 2.00pm-4.00pm