Got a spark of an idea? Ever considered starting a business or being self-employed?
Kick start your own business or social enterprise with £1,000 worth of funding and business start-up support!
Supported by Santander Universities, our Start-up Fund is designed to help entrepreneurial students like you kick start exciting business ideas.
What’s on offer
- £750 funding to get your business idea started
- Access to Start-up Workshops hosted by an exciting line-up of expert guest speakers who will provide advice on start-up and business growth
- Coaching to help you make it happen
- Access to entrepreneur and industry mentors
Criteria and eligibility
The Start-up Fund is open to all students studying at University of Leicester.
We’re looking for:
- Realistic and innovative ideas with the potential to grow
- Applicants who demonstrate the personal qualities needed to make their idea a success (knowledge/enthusiasm/drive etc.)
- Both pre-startup and post startup ideas
Step 1 – Apply
The deadline for entries will be announced for Autumn 2018.
When the competition is live, complete and submit the following one-page business plan to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- One-page business plan 'Business Model Canvas' template
- Guidance on completing the Business Model Canvas
Step 2 - Pitch
You’ll hear back from us just after the deadline and those with the best ideas will be invited to present their idea to our team. Presentations dates will be confirmed Autumn 2018.
Step 3 – Learn
After meeting with all applicants we’ll let you know whether you’ve successfully secured the funding. We’ll then work with you to set achievable milestones for spending your bursary.
If successful we will invite you to take part in an exclusive series of business essential workshops covering:
- Lean start-up
- Marketing and branding
- Finance and funding
- Sales and negotiation
- Presenting and pitching
- Growing your network
Full competition details
We’ll provide full information on the competition and relevant dates when the competition launches.