Open evenings and events
If you're interested in training to teach, we recommend attending an event run by the University or our partners. These are an opportunity to chat to those running the PGCE course and find out more about what the course involves.
Routes into Teaching events 2018/19
If you'd like to find out more about the University of Leicester PGCE course and the different ways you can study, attending one of our Routes into Teaching events is a great way to explore your options.
- Thursday 21 February 2019, 4.00pm to 5.30pm, venue TBC
- Saturday 16 March 2019, 10.00am to 11.30pm, venue TBC
- Monday 8 April 2019, 4.00pm to 5.30pm, Fraser Noble Building, School of Education, LE1 7RF
- Tuesday 14 May 2019 (web chat led by academics from the School of Education)
What to expect
When you attend a Routes into Teaching event, you can:
- Get one-to-one advice from University of Leicester tutors
- Meet our School Direct and SCITT partners
- Find out more about the range of PGCE courses available in primary and secondary education
- Receive one-to-one advice on which course might be best for you
- Discover how you can get classroom experience
- Get tips on preparing your application and insights into what we look for on selection days
- Talk to current and former students about their experience of training and what life as a new teacher is really like
Routes into Teaching events include a presentation which gives a general introduction to the Leicester PGCE, the different study routes and helpful tips on applying.
If you have any questions about these events, or are having trouble booking a place, please email email@example.com with the subject 'Routes into Teaching event enquiry'.
Events organised by our school partners 2018/19
The University of Leicester's School of Education is part of the Teach Leics initiative, and are present at their recruitment events. Go to the Teach Leics website to find out more about the organisations involved and forthcoming events. Their Twitter account (@TeachLeicester) will also keep you up-to-date on any forthcoming Get into Teaching events.
TELA School Direct Information Evenings
Thursday 7 February 2019, 6.00pm to 7.30pm at Countesthorpe Leysland Community College (LE8 5PR) - email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Monday 25 February 2019, 6.00pm to 7.30pm at Thomas Estley Community College (LE9 6PT) - email email@example.com to book.
Monday 11 March 2019, 6.00pm to 7.30pm at Badgerbrook Primary School (LE8 6ZW) - email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Church Langton Primary - School Direct Open Evening
Train to Teach events with the Department for Education
Thursday 14 March, 4.30pm to 7.30pm at the Mercure Grand Hotel (LE1 6ES) - register online now and get more info on the Get into Teaching website.