Open evenings and events
If you're interested in training to teach, we recommend attending an event run by the University or our partners. These are an opportunity to chat to those running the PGCE course and find out more about what the course involves.
Routes into Teaching events 2019/20
If you'd like to find out more about the University of Leicester PGCE course and the different ways you can study, attending one of our Routes into Teaching events is a great way to explore your options.
- Thursday 23 April 2020 (4pm - 5.30pm) Fraser Noble Building, 2 University Road, Leicester LE1 7RB
What to expect
When you attend a Routes into Teaching event, you can:
- Get one-to-one advice from University of Leicester tutors
- Meet our School Direct and SCITT partners
- Find out more about the range of PGCE courses available in primary and secondary education
- Receive one-to-one advice on which course might be best for you
- Discover how you can get classroom experience
- Get tips on preparing your application and insights into what we look for on selection days
- Talk to current and former students about their experience of training and what life as a new teacher is really like
Routes into Teaching events include a presentation which gives a general introduction to the Leicester PGCE, the different study routes and helpful tips on applying.
If you have any questions about these events, or are having trouble booking a place, please email email@example.com with the subject 'Routes into Teaching event enquiry'.
Events organised by our school partners 2019/20
The University of Leicester's School of Education is part of the Teach Leics initiative, and are present at their recruitment events. Go to the Teach Leics website to find out more about the organisations involved and forthcoming events. Their Twitter account (@TeachLeicester) will also keep you up-to-date on any forthcoming Get into Teaching events.
TELA School Direct Information Evenings (Achieve with TELA)
For further information about upcoming events, please visit the the TELA website.
Church Langton Primary - School Direct Open Evening
Train to Teach events with the Department for Education
Please visit the Department of Education website for future teaching events.
Leicester and Leicestershire SCITT/School Direct events
Our partners at Leicester and Leicestershire SCITT/School Direct also run events offering support to all those interested in Initial Teacher Training.