About distance learning
Primarily delivered through online learning, distance education allows you to study in your own time and space so that you can combine achieving a qualification with work or family commitments.
This allows you to develop your career without having to leave employment, and also means you can apply new knowledge and insights into your working life whilst you are studying.
Teaching for our distance learning courses is facilitated through our virtual learning environment Blackboard, which can be accessed online from anywhere in the world.
Why study by distance learning at Leicester
- We are one of the UK's largest providers of distance learning education
- Our distance learning courses have been designed to benefit you as an individual and enable you to contribute to the success of your organisation
- Our courses have been developed with the professional in mind and offer you many opportunities for career enhancement
- You will study exactly the same curriculum and receive the same qualification as your campus-based counterparts
- The School of Education attracts students and academics from all over the world, ensuring a truly global feel and allowing you to become part of an inclusive, diverse and professional international network
- The research talents within the School of Education are far-reaching and this research feeds directly into our teaching, allowing you to learn from those currently involved in cutting-edge research in your area of interest
If you are interested in distance learning, you can find out more by visiting Leicester's distance learning homepage.