Welcome to IISMA@Leicester
The University of Leicester is proud to have been selected as a Partner University for the IISMA programme in 2023. Find out more about the programme below.
How to apply
To study at Leicester under the IISMA programme, you must apply directly to IISMA. You can apply by visiting our IISMA host university profile. If you are successful in your application, your details will be sent to us. We will then get in touch with you to advise you on the next steps.
The deadline to apply to IISMA is 1 March 2023.
- Minimum GPA 3.0 (out of 4)
- English language level
- IELTS 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component, or
- Duolingo 110 with a minimum of 90 in each component, or
- TOEFL iBT 90 with a minimum of 17 in Listening and Writing, 18 in Reading and 20 in Speaking
- You can also browse a list of equivalent qualifications and tests we accept.
As an IISMA student, you can request any combination of modules (classes) from the below list. All students must take 60 credits per semester.
- Practical Aims and Methods in Archaeology (AR1009 - 15 credits)
- Creative Computing (CO1111 - 15 credits)
- Human Geography for a Globalized World (GY1411 - 15 credits)
- Exploring our Digital Planet (GY1423 - 15 credits)
- Principles of Marketing (MN1002 – 15 credits)
- Managing Human Resources (MN1012 – 15 credits)
- The Production of News (MS2000 - 15 credits)
- Digital Media and Everyday Life (MS2009 – 30 credits)
- Politics, Power and Ethics (PL1019 - 15 credits)
- Key Concepts in International Relations (PL1022 - 15 credits)
- Introduction to Sensation, Perception and Cognition (PS1102 – 15 credits)
- Power, Privilege and Diversity (SY1021 – 15 credits)
- Live Sociology (SY2091 – 15 credits)
- Doing Social Research (SY2093 – 30 credits)
Get in touch
If you're considering applying to the University of Leicester via the IISMA scheme, we'd be delighted to answer any questions you may have. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.