At Leicester, our teaching is powered by our world-leading research and is amongst the finest in the UK.
- 90% of students employed or in further education within 15 months of graduation (NSS 2022)
- 23rd in the UK for Chemistry (Guardian 2023)
- 22nd in the UK for Chemistry research (Research Excellence Framework, REF 2021)
We offer a range of courses that reflect the modern needs for chemistry in industry and society. You will learn to use the very latest research equipment and instruments for chemical analysis, and graduate with the breadth and depth of knowledge to be a professional chemist. Alternatively, you can take advantage of the transferable skill set that the Leicester degrees equip you with to seek employment in a variety of related professional disciplines.
There are opportunities to incorporate a Year in Industry or Year Abroad into most of our degree courses.
Highlights of our student-centred approach here at Leicester include:
- A range of complementary teaching methods, from lectures to workshops and small-group tutorials
- Dedicated, approachable personal tutors to advise on academic performance and assist with student welfare
- Friendly staff who create a supportive learning environment
- A range of cutting-edge option modules in sustainability, materials, synthetic methods, chemical biology, programming and nanotechnology
- An excellent track record of students gaining industrial placements and experience