Nikon microscope 4
- Henry Wellcome Building, room 3/51
- Dr Kees Straatman
- +44 (0)116 252 7085/2263
With recent funding from the University of Leicester this microscope system has been upgraded at the beginning of 2016 with a PFS hardware auto-focus system + software upgrades, new objectives, a Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash 4.0v2 sCMOS camera and a new computer system.
This is a Nikon Eclipse Ti-E microscope stand equipped with COOLLED PrecisExcite High Power LED Fluorescent Excitation System. LEDs are very stable, long lasting, good for live cell imaging and the microscope can be used as soon as the LEDs are switched on. Three wavelengths are available: 400nm, 490nm and 565nm. LEDs with other wavelengths are available and can be added to the system.
There are sample holders available for slides, 35 mm dishes and multi well plates.
The microscope has a motorized piezo stage for fast Z acquisition with encoders for accurate multiposition imaging. After the upgrade the system has two cameras. At the left port is an Andor iXon EM-DU897 camera, 512 x 512 pixels (16 µm x 16 µm) and a quantum efficiency of > 90%, at the right port the new Hamamatsu ORCA Flash 4.0v2 sCMOS camera. This camera has a very large field of view of 2048 × 2048 pixels (6.5 μm×6.5 μm) and a quantum efficiency peak of 82%.
- CFI Plan Fluor 4х/0.13 - WD = 17.2 mm
- CFI Plan Fluor DLL 10x/0.13 Ph1 - WD = 16 mm
- CFI S Plan Fluor ELWD 20хC/0.45 - WD = 6.9 - 8.2 mm
- CFI Plan Fluor ELWD 40x/0.6 Ph2 - WD = 2.8 - 3.6 mm
- CFI Plan Apo VC 60x oil/1.4 DIC N2 - WD = 0.13 mm
- CFI Plan Apo VC 100x oil/1.4 DIC N2 - WD = 0.13 mm
- V-2A filter cube: DAPI
- Excitation filter N EX380-420
- Dichroic mirror N DM430
- Barrier Filter N BA450
- 31044v2: CFP
- Exciter D436/20x (426 - 446 nm)
- Dichroic 455DCLP
- Emitter D480/40m (460 - 500 nm)
- 11001v2 filter cube : FITC/GFP
- Exciter D470/40x (450 - 490 nm)
- Dichroic 495DCLP
- Emitter E515LPv2 (Long Pass filter! Band Pass filter at Position 6!)
- 41043 HcRed1 - RFP/Red
- Exciter HQ575/50x (550 - 600 nm)
- Dichroic Q610LP
- Emitter HQ640/50m (615 - 665 nm)
- 49008- ET mCherry, Texas Red
- Exciter ET560/40x (540 - 580 nm)
- Dichroic T585lpxr
- Emitter ET630/75m (592 - 667 nm)
- 49002- ET GFP- FITC/Cy2
- Exciter ET470/40x (450 - 490 nm)
- Dichroic T495lpxr
- Emitter ET520/50m (500 - 550 nm) (Band Pass filter! Long Pass filter at Position 3)
For live cell imaging an environmental chamber with temperature and CO2 control is included. The microscope is controlled via the Nikon NIS-elements software.