The University of Leicester welcomes students from Poland.

You can find country specific information here including entry requirements for our courses and information about the Polish student community.

The Future Students Office

The Future Students Office can provide you with more information about studying in the UK at Leicester.

Please visit our contact us page for details.

Useful information

Entry requirements

Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees

If you have completed (or will complete) the Matura you will typically require a pass with 72% overall - with 80%, 75%, 75% at extended level - to begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree (depending on the subject you wish to study).

If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see individual course pages for entry requirements.

For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.

Postgraduate (Masters) degrees

If you hold a Bachelors degree from Poland with a minimum grade of 4.0 (depending on the subject that you wish to study) you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree.

For more information about courses please see individual course pages.

PhDs and other research degrees

To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification) you must have an undergraduate (Bachelors) degree from a recognised Polish university, usually in a related subject area, with a minimum grade of of 4.0 (depending on the subject that you wish to study) which is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (also known as a 2:1).

You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.

Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.

English language requirements

Please see details of our English language requirements

students walking around Oadby Student Village

Agents in your region

We work with the following agent in Poland:

Student societies

Other sources of information

Back to top