We welcome students from Denmark!flag of Denmark

Entry requirements

Undergraduate (Bachelors) degree

  • If you have completed (or will complete) the Studentereksamen, Højere Forberedelseseksamen or Højere Handelseksamen you will typically require a pass with grade 11 overall - with three subjects at grade 10 - to begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree (depending on the subject you wish to study).
  • If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see individual course pages for entry requirements.
  • If you have completed the European Baccalaureate then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. 85% would be the equivalent to a grade A in a British A-level; 77% would be equivalent to a grade B.

For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.

Postgraduate (Masters) degrees

If you hold a Danish Bachelors Degree with above average grades you will be considered for admission to a taught Masters degree. Your offer will depend on the subject that you wish to study.

For more information about available degrees please see the individual course pages.

PhDs and other research degrees

To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification, such as MPhil, DClinPsy, DSocSci, EdD or MD) you must have an undergraduate (Bachelors) degree from a recognised Danish university, usually in a related subject area, with above average grades (depending on the subject you wish to study) which is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (also known as a 2:1).

You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.

Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.

English language requirements

Please see details of our English language requirements.


If you wish to come to the University of Leicester on an Erasmus exchange please see our Erasmus exchange website.


Because Denmark is part of the European Union, for funding purposes you will be a 'UK/EU student' rather than an 'international student'. 



  • Any scholarships which are for a specific degree will be listed on the relevant course page. 

You should also check in your own country whether scholarships are available for study overseas, from your government or other organisations.

Visits to your country

No visits planned at present. 

Student Societies

Other sources of information