Student and Education EDI Team
This Student and Education EDI (SEEDI) Team is a focal coordinating point for equality, diversity and inclusion in relation to the student educational experience, with a particular emphasis on closing the awarding gap, delivering our commitments to the Access and Participation Plan.
The SEEDI Team work with colleagues across the Service, the Students’ Union and in academic schools to enable inclusivity in the curriculum and assessment with the aim of having a positive impact on the awarding gap and student satisfaction. The team will manage student equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives, including managing the Access and Participation Plan (APP), ensuring that the University can comply with OfS conditions of registration A1 and A2 that require the University to have an APP.
Key functions of the team are:
- Management of the Access and Participation Plan, supporting school-based and service based initiatives to meet key institutional objectives.
- Reporting progress towards APP targets, externally and internally.
- Working in strategic partnership with the Students’ Union, in particular in relation to planning priorities, student voice, and equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Providing expert advice and guidance in relation to student equality, inclusion, diversity, notably leading work to eliminate the awarding and satisfaction gaps for under-represented groups of students.
- Providing a route to implementation for the work of the Leicester Institute for Inclusion in Higher Education (ULIIHE).
Members of staff can access more information about the team on our staff intranet pages (log-in required).
If you require further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.