I joined the University of Leicester in October 2020 to work on the project “The Performance of Performance -Related Pay”. I am originally from Italy. I earned a BSc and a MSc in Economics at the Marche Polytechnic University in Ancona (Italy) and I hold a PhD in Quantitative Methods for the Economic Policy from the University of Macerata (Italy) obtained in 2019.
During my PhD I visited the University of Oulu (Finland) as Marie Curie Fellow within the EU-funded project GRAGE (Grey and Green in Europe: elderly living in urban areas) and the Centre for Research in Social Simulation (CRESS) at the University of Surrey UK.
Before joining the University of Leicester I worked as Postdoctoral researcher at the University of Macerata and Università Politecnica delle Marche.
My research interests include education labour economics inequalities and gender imbalances.
I am interested in the application of different methodologies including agent-based modelling and network analysis.
I am currently working on the project “The Performance of Performance-related Pay” which aims at comparing the effects of individual and collective pay systems by means of an agent-based model.
- Leoni S., (2021). An Agent-Based Model for Tertiary Educational Choices in Italy. Research in Higher Education.
- De Benedictis L., Leoni S. (2021). Inclusive universities: evidence from the Erasmus program. Applied Network Science 6, 83.
- De Benedictis, L., Leoni, S. (2020). Gender bias in the Erasmus network of universities. Applied Network Science, 5(1), 1-25.
- Leoni, S., Lepore, D. and Spigarelli, F., (2020). Aging and IoT: Developing Innovative Solutions in a Quadruple Helix Approach, Economia Marche Journal of Applied Economics, XXXIX(1): 30-42.
Chapters and proceedings
- The Erasmus student mobility network, with L. De Benedictis, In: G. Giordano, M. Restaino, A. Salvini (eds) Methods and Applications in Social Network Analysis, Computational Social Science, Franco Angeli, 2021
- La rete di mobilità degli studenti Erasmus: topologia e caratteristiche, with L. De Benedictis, in La forza delle reti, Aracne, 2020
- A Toy Model for Tertiray Educational Choices in Italy. In: Verhagen H., Borit M., Bravo G., Wijermans N. (eds) Advances in Social Simulation. Springer Proceedings in Complexity, 2020
- The returns to education in Italy in recent years, with L. F. Minervini, in Crescita economica, tutela dei diritti e ruolo delle istituzioni, Macerata, EUM, 2018
I would be interested in supervising PhD students on any topic related to my research interests
I am currently not involved in any teaching activity