My research interests focus on Machine learning, Deep learning, Image processing, Information fusion, Data analysis. I have published high-quality papers in peer-reviewed international journals and conferences in these research areas. So far I have successfully secured several external funding. I am rewarded as 2019 Highly Cited Researcher by Clarivate and 2020, 2021 Highly Cited Chinese Researcher by Elsevier.
I serve as a professional reviewer for many well-reputed journals and conferences including IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, Neuron Computing, Pattern Recognition, Scientific Reports, and so on. I serve as Guest Editor of Information Processing and Management, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, Machine Vision and Applications, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics and Measurement. I serve as Associate Editor of the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, IEEE Access, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT), Scientific Reports, Measurement and Measurement: Sensors.
- PI 1/4/2022-31/7/2022, What do we need for robust medical image segmentation? Data Science Enhancement Funds.
- PI 2/2021-7/2021 Improved artificial intelligence system for the satellite data interpretation Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC).
- PI 9/2018-7/2021 Research on robust detection methods of Alzheimer's disease under unbalanced condition Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province.
- PI 3/2020-2/2021 Myocardial infarction detection and quantification based on artificial intelligence British Heart Foundation Accelerator Early Career Researcher £56.6K.
- PI 4/2017-5/2019 Key algorithm research on smart robot of pathological brain identification Key Laboratory of Measurement and Control of Complex Systems of Engineering.
- PI 7/2016-6/2018 Research on auxiliary diagnosis system of MRI based brain diseases Program of Natural Science Research of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions.
- PI 1/2017-1/2018 Algorithm research on multi- ocean-object recognition based on the space-based imaging Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- Q. Zhu, J. Yang, S. Wang, et al.,Multi-Modal Non-Euclidean Brain Network Analysis with Community Detection and Convolutional Autoencoder, IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computational Intelligence (TETCI), 2022.
- X. Yao, Z. Zhu, C. Kang, S. Wang, et al., AdaD-FNN for chest CT-based COVID-19 diagnosis, IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computational Intelligence (TETCI), 2022.
- Yuanpeng Zhang, Shuihua Wang, Kaijian Xia, Yizhang Jiang, Pengjiang Qian, Alzheimer’s disease multiclass diagnosis via multimodal neuroimaging embedding feature selection and fusion, Information Fusion, Volume 66, 2021, Pages 170-183, ISSN 1566-2535, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.inffus.2020.09.002
- Shuihua Wang, et al, Advances in Data Preprocessing for Biomedical Data Fusion: An Overview of the Methods, Challenges, and Prospects, Information Fusion, 2021, ISSN 1566-2535，https://doi.org/10.1016/j.inffus.2021.07.001.
- Saleem, Javeria Amin, Muhammad Sharif, Muhammad Almas Anjum, Muhammad Iqbal & Shui-Hua Wang, A deep network designed for segmentation and classification of leukemia using fusion of the transfer learning models. Complex Intell. Syst. (2021).
- Chen, Tao, Wang, Shuihua, et al., "Enhanced Feature Alignment for Unsupervised Domain Adaptation of Semantic Segmentation," in IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, doi: 10.1109/TMM.2021.3106095.
- Shui-Hua Wang, et al, COVID-19 classification by CCSHNet with deep fusion using transfer learning and discriminant correlation analysis. Information Fusion. 2021, 68:131-148.
- Xiang Yu, Shui-Hua Wang, et al., CGNet: A graph-knowledge embedded convolutional neural network for detection of pneumonia, Information Processing & Management, 2021, 58(1), Article ID: 102411 (IF: 6.222, WOS:000598920600015)
- Zheng Zhang, Qi Zhu, Guo-Sen Xie, Yi Chen, Zhengming Li, Shuihua Wang, Discriminative margin-sensitive autoencoder for collective multi-view disease analysis, Neural Networks, 2020, 123: 94-107.
- Shuihua Wang, Gerry McCann, Ivan Tyukin, Myocardial Infarction Detection and Quantification Based on a Convolution Neural Network with Online Error Correction Capabilities, 2020 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), 2020, pp. 1-8.
- Cheng Kang, Xiang Yu, Shui-Hua Wang, et al., A Heuristic Neural Network Structure Relying on Fuzzy Logic for Images Scoring, in IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 2021, 29 (1): 34-45.
- Haiyan Wang, Xuejian Rong, Liang Yang, Shuihua Wang, Yingli Tian, Towards Weakly Supervised Semantic Segmentation in 3D Graph-Structured Point Clouds of Wild Scenes, BMVC 2019: 284, Cardiff, UK.
- Douglas de A. Rodrigues, Roberto F. Ivo, Suresh Chandra Satapathy, Shuihua Wang, Jude Hemanth, Pedro P. Rebouças Filho, A new approach for classification skin lesion based on transfer learning, deep learning, and IoT system, Pattern Recognition Letters, Volume 136, 2020, Pages 8-15, ISSN 0167-8655
CO2114 Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
CO7201 MSc projects (Spring 2022)
CO4210 (CO7210) Personal and Group Skills
• IEEE Access
• IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT)
• Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease
• Scientific reports
• Emerging Challenges for Deep Learning at IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics.
• Multi-modal Computing for Biomedical Diagnosis and Analysis at Information Processing and Management.
• Big Biomedical Data in Deep Learning Models at Measurement.
• The Development and Application of Advanced Biomedical Imaging at Journal of Computational Science.
• Transfer Learning Methods Used in Medical Imaging and Health Informatics at IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics.
• Best abstract award: Implementing the use of artificial intelligence (AI) to distinguish between normal and abnormal development of the fovea BIPOSA 2019 Edinburgh United Kingdom
This paper got the best abstract award by the British & Irish Paediatric Ophthalmology & Strabisimus Association and we had a presentation in 2020 about this research in the parliament UK.
• 2019 Highly Cited Researcher (Clarivate)
• 2020 Highly Cited Chinese Researcher (Elsevier)
• 2021 Highly Cited Chinese Researcher (Elsevier)
• Myocardial infarction detection and quantification based on a convolution neural network with online error correction capabilities International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN) UK 2020
• Towards weakly supervised semantic segmentation in 3D graph-structured point clouds of wild scenes 30th British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC) UK 2019
- 9/2013-9/2017, Ph.D., Electronic Engineering, Nanjing University, China.
- 1/2011-6/2012, M.S., Electronic Engineering, The City College of New York, USA.
- 9/2004-7/2008, B.S., Information Science and Technology, Southeast University, China.