Reza is a Director of Student Support at School of Computing & Mathematical Sciences, University of Leicester. He obtained his PhD in Computer Science major in Artificial Intelligence on 2013. He is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy UK (SFHEA) since 2020. He also hold a Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (GCHE) from Monash University (Australia).
Reza has been in teaching profession since 2007 ; in 2018, he joined the University of Leicester as lecturer and became Director of Student Support on 2021. He is a founder and leader of Student Learning Community (SLC) within our school which aim to deliver coordinated support that promotes the development of essential academic and social skills for our students. He is also managing the personal tutoring within the school.
Reza's research interests broadly fall into the areas of computer vision, deep learning, machine learning and pattern recognition, specifically in medical domain and healthcare system. He is also interested in Computer Science Education discipline.
If you are a potential Master or PhD candidate and looking for a supervisor in these areas, please email him to get in touch for a further discussion.
(0) 1) Mehtarizadeh M, Zare MR, Medical Compound Figure Detection using Inductive Transfer and Ensemble Learning, International Conference on Computational & Experimental Engineering and Sciences (ICCES2022), 2022 , in press
2) Zare MR, Mehtarizadeh M, An Ensemble of Deep Semantic Representation for Medical X-Ray Image Classification, 55th Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/CISS50987.2021.9400268, 2021
3) Zare MR, Patel D, Impact of Student Learning Community on Student Success and Retention, European Conference on Education, 2020
4) Zare MR, Patel D, Active Learning to Enhance Studentsâ€™ Learning Experiences in a Large Enrolled Computer Science Technical Module, European Conference on Education, 2020
5) Lee SL, Zare MR, Muller H, Late Fusion of Deep Learning and Handcrafted Visual Features for Biomedical Image Modality Classification, IET Image Processing, Vol 13, Issue 2, 382-391 , 2019 (ISI cited)
6) Lee SL, Zare MR, Biomedical compound figure detection using deep learning and fusion technique, IET Image Processing, Vol 12, Issue 6, 1031-1037, 2018 (ISI cited)
7) Zare MR, Muller H , "A Medical X-ray Classification and Retrieval System, Pacific Asia Conference in Information System" (CORE Ranked â€˜Aâ€™ conference ) (SCOPUS cited), 2016
8) Zare MR, Mueen A, Woo CS, Automatic Medical X-ray Image Classification using Annotation, Journal of Digital Imaging, DOI: 10.1007/s10278-013-9637-0 . 2014 (ISI cited)
9) Zare MR, Mueen A, Woo CS, Automatic Classification of Medical X-ray Images using Bag of Visual Words , IET Computer Vision, Volume 7, Issue 2, pp. 105 - 114, 2013 (ISI cited)
10) Zare MR, Mueen A, Awedh M, Woo CS, Automatic Classification of Medical X-Ray Images: Hybrid Generative-Discriminative Approach, IET Image Processing, Vol 7, Issue 5, p. 523 - 532, 2013 (ISI cited)