Linh X.D. Nguyen is a Lecturer in Finance at University of Leicester School of Business. Linh holds a PhD in Finance and Risk at the University of Nottingham, an MSc in Investment Analysis at the University of Stirling and a BSc in International Finance (FTU, Vietnam). She has worked in different areas of the financial sector, including auditing, investment and banking industry.
Linh has published in top international journals (ABS 3, ABDC A*), such as the Journal of Banking and Finance and the International Journal of Finance & Economics. Linh has presented her work at leading conferences in economics and finance, including European Financial Management Association (EFMA) Annual Meeting, Royal Economic Society (RES) Symposium, Scottish Economic Society (SES) conference. Linh serves as a reviewer for finance and economics journals, such as the European Journal of Finance, the Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, the Annals of Operations Research, among others. Her research interests centre around asset pricing, volatility modelling, risk connectedness and economic linkages.
Linh is a co-founder and leader of the Women’s Inspiration Network at the University of Leicester, and a Fellow of the Advanced Higher Education (FHEA). Linh is co-ordinator of Seminars and CafeTalk series of the Finance and Banking Network (FBNet), the Association of Vietnamese Scientists and Experts Global (AVSE Global).
Linh's research centres around the impacts of economic linkages on different aspects of the stock market. Linh is also interested in the risk connectedness of the stock returns and portfolio optimization.
Nguyen, L.X.D., Mateut, S. and Chevapatrakul, T. (2020) Business-linkage volatility spillovers between US industries. Journal of Banking and Finance, 111 , pp. 105699. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbankfin.2019.105699
Nguyen, L.H., Nguyen, L.X. and Tan, L (2021) Tail risk connectedness between US industries. International Journal of Finance & Economics, 26 (3), pp. 3624-3650. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/ijfe.1979
Linh is interested in supervising topics in volatility modelling business linkages supplier-customer relationship network connection risk management or topics in relevant areas.
- MN7033 Research Methods and Dissertation (MSc Financial Economics) - Module leader
- MN3139 Technologies in Financial Markets (BSc Accounting and Finance, BSc Accounting) - Module leader
- EC7061 Corporate Finance (MSc Finance, MSc Banking and International Finance, MSc Business Analysis and Finance MSc Financial Risk management) - Seminar tutor
- MN3101/3103/3206 Dissertation (Undergraduate) - Supervisor
- EC7110 Dissertation (Postgraduate) - Supervisor
- MN7023 Financial Analysis and Investment (MSc Accounting and Finance) - Module leader
- MN3107 Corporate Finance (BA Management Studies) - Module leader
- MN1019 Foundations of Finance (BSc Accounting and Finance) - Seminar tutor
- MBA Workshop in “AI at work: Making data work for you” - Workshop Designer and Tutor
Press and media
Linh is happy to discuss topics related to her research interest.
- Academic Year (Stream) tutor (Accounting and Finance)
- Co-Founder and Leader of the Women’s Inspiration Network (WIN)
Women Leading with Purpose (WLP) Programme
- Coordinator of Research Seminar series and Café-Talk for Finance and Banking Network (FBNet) - Association of Vietnamese Scientists and Experts (AVSE) Global.
- European Financial Management Association Annual Meeting Portugal 2019
- Paris Financial Management Conference 2017
- IFABS Asia Ningbo Conference 2017 *
- World Finance Conference Sardinia 2017 *
Royal Economic Society Symposium Brighton 2016
Scottish Economic Society conference Perth 2016
*: paper presented by co-author
- PhD in Finance and Risk - University of Nottingham (UK)
- MSc in Investment Analysis - University of Stirling (UK)
- BSc International Finance - Foreign Trade University (Vietnam)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic and Professional Practice (University of Leicester UK)