(0) 1. Byrne J, Willis A, Dunkley A, Fitzpatrick C, Campbell S, Sidhu MS, Choudhary P, Davies MJ, Khunti K. Individual, healthcare professional and system-level barriers and facilitators to initiation and adherence to injectable therapies for type 2 diabetes: A systematic review and meta-ethnography. Diabetic Medicine 2022 Jan;39(1):e14678. Doi: 10.1111/dme.14678. Epub 2021 Sep 3. PMID: 34432914
2. Tyrer, F., Ling, S., Bhaumik, S., Gangadharan, S. K., Khunti, K., Gray, L. J., Dunkley, A.J. Diabetes in adults with intellectual disability: prevalence and associated lifestyle, independence and health factors. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research 64(4):287-295 Apr 2020. DOI:10.1111/jir.12718
3. Hadjiconstantinou, M., Dunkley,A.J., Eborall,H., Robertson, N., Khunti, K., Davies, M. Perceptions of healthcare professionals and people with type 2 diabetes on emotional support: a qualitative study. BJGP Open 2020; 4(1). DOI: 10.3399/bjgpopen20X101018
4. Dunkley, AJ, Fitzpatrick, C, Gray, LJ, Waheed G, Heller SR, Frier BM, Davies MJ, Khunti K. Incidence and severity of hypoglycaemia in type 2 diabetes by treatment regimen: A UK multisite 12-month prospective observational study. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism 21(7):1585-1595 July 2019. DOI: 10.1111/dom.13690
5. Dunkley AJ, Tyrer F, Spong R, Gray LJ, Gillett M, Doherty Y, Martin-Stacey L, Patel N, Yates T, Bhaumik S, Chalk T, Chudasama Y, Thomas C, Sadler S, Cooper SA, Gangadharan SK, Davies MJ, Khunti K. Screening for glucose intolerance and development of a lifestyle education programme for prevention of Type 2 diabetes in a population with intellectual disabilities. Programme Grants for Applied Research. 2017;5(11) DOI 10.3310/6.
6. Dunkley AJ, Tyrer F, Gray LJ, Bhaumik S, Spong R, Chudasama Y, Gangadharan SK, Davies MJ, Khunti K. Type 2 diabetes and glucose intolerance in a population with intellectual disabilities: the STOP Diabetes cross-sectional screening study. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research. 2017. DOI 10.1111/jir.12380
7. Dunkley AJ, Tyrer F, Doherty Y, Martin-Stacey L, Patel N, Spong R, Makepeace C, Bhaumik S, Gangadharan SK, Yates T, Davies MJ, Khunti K. Development of a multi-component lifestyle intervention for preventing Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular risk factors in adults with intellectual disabilities. Journal of Public Health. 2017. DOI 10.1093/pubmed/fdx067
8. Tyrer F, Dunkley AJ, Spong R, Ganghadaran SK, Bhaumik S, Khunti K. (2016) Involving service users with intellectual disability in research: experiences from the STOP Diabetes Study. Journal of Policy and Practice in Intellectual Disabilities 2017;14(3):255-261. DOI: 10.1111/jppi.12176
9. Edridge C, Dunkley AJ, Bodicoat DH, Rose TC, Gray LJ, Davies MJ, Khunti K. Prevalence and Incidence of hypoglycaemia in people with type 2 diabetes on oral therapies and insulin: a systematic review and meta-analysis of population based studies. PLOS ONE. June 10 2015
10. Dunkley AJ, Bodicoat DH, Greaves C, Russell C, Davies MJ, Khunti K. Diabetes Prevention in the Real World: Effectiveness of Pragmatic Lifestyle Interventions for the Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes and of the Impact of Adherence to Guideline Recommendations: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Diabetes Care 2014.37;4:922-933.
I am a Deputy Course Lead for the MSc in Diabetes (distance learning).
My teaching responsibilities include being Module Lead for MD7525 Foundation Research module and MD7526 Dissertation module.
I am also Co-lead Postgraduate Tutor for Diabetes Research/Health Sciences.
PhD, MSc, PGCAPP, BSc, RGN, RSCN, DPSN