Highlights from our postgraduate research community
The Graduate School has announced the publication of the second Issue of Frontier, the postgraduate research magazine for and by postgraduate students of the University of Leicester.
The latest issue is now available to view online and contains seven exciting research articles from authors across the University, an interview with President and Vice-Chancellor Professor Paul Boyle, and advice for after graduation.
Among the research featured is:
- Raman spectroscopy in art analysis and the search for life on Mars
- Reducing harmful emboli in treating Atrial Fibrillation
- When science fiction becomes reality: state-of-the-art technology in medical diagnosis
- How parasites exploit and even control their hosts
- Putting lung diseases back into the spotlight
- Educational factors influencing students’ perceptions of the British Empire
- Refinement needed in antibody-based techniques
Frontier is a postgraduate research magazine run entirely on a volunteer basis by and for postgraduate students. Frontier’s aim is to provide a platform for postgraduate students to present their work in an engaging way to a non-specialist audience, to showcase the extent of research carried out at the University of Leicester and to encourage interdepartmental discussion and collaboration.