Social and Developmental Psychology
Module code: PS2102
This module aims to provide a broad coverage of social and developmental psychology. In social psychology, the module provides a methodological and theoretical basis to appreciate some of the main topics of current social psychology, in particular concerning individual and group social attitudes and behaviour, and the importance of empirical contributions.
You will also learn about the major theories of intelligence development within historical, social, developmental, cultural, and mental health contexts. In developmental psychology, the module explores cognitive, social and cultural aspects of children's development and covers some of the main topics in this area.
- Persuasion and attitude change
- Prejudice and discrimination
- The development of early relationships
- Language, morality and prosocial behaviour
- Understanding the self and other people and autism