Issues in Media and Communication
Module code: MS7616
This module will provide you with an insight into some of the current and salient themes of research trends in Media and Communication Studies. The module also includes activities and assessments, which will help you to develop essential study skills and introduce you to the analysis of media texts and forms.
- Why study Media and Communication?
- Theories of Media, Culture and Society
- Political Economy of the Media
- Global Perspectives on Media Communication and Social Change
- Politics, Participation and The Public Sphere
- Preparing to write assignments: How to Summarise
- Journalism and the production of news
- Digital Cultures
- The Cultural and Creative Industries
- Media Audiences: Effects
- Media Audiences: Cultural Studies
- Gender and the Media
- Celebrity Culture