Requirements Engineering and Professional Practice
Module code: CO1106
Capturing the goals and requirements of stakeholders is crucial in order to reduce considerable risk to a project. Having a clearly defined and agreed upon set of requirements can make the difference between a successful project and a project that is out of budget, time, or both.
In this module, you will:
- Motivate the need of requirements engineering for successful software projects, describe the problems when requirements are omitted, and explain the requirements change management process.
- Differentiate between different types of requirements
- Demonstrate a knowledge of security and data protection issues in storage and usage of data
- Critique the value of a number of requirements engineering techniques, such as stakeholder analysis, use cases, interviews, prototyping, etc.
- Distinguish and choose between various modelling techniques for requirements documentation (such as conceptual and behavioural models)