Respiratory and Cancer Precision Medicine
Module code: BS3083
The second precision medicine module will continue the consideration of current cutting-edge topics in the clinical sciences arena:
Respiratory Precision Medicine
This part of the module will include:
- The molecular and cellular basis of respiratory disease
- Respiratory infections, considering the molecular and cellular basis of the infection and the host response to the infection
- Emerging treatments of respiratory diseases
- Impact of genetic and environmental factors on respiratory disease
- Evaluation current research in the field
- Consideration of safe working practices in the3 study of respiratory illness
Cancer Precision Medicine
Here you will:
- Discover the hallmarks of cancer and the role these have in the development and progression of cancer.
- Learn about mechanisms of tumorigenesis and potential drug targets, with emphasis on cancer therapeutics.
- Discover how molecular profiling can illustrate cellular transformation through the cancer journey.
- Examine how evidence-based medicine and state-of-the-art technologies can impact on medical oncology through clinical trials.
- Critically appraise cancer research literature.
- Organise and analyse laboratory and clinical data.