Resources for schools
Staff in History of Art and Film are committed to presenting their work outside higher education, and to discussing research ideas beyond the university.
- we give talks for school and sixth-form students
- we organise and take part in University 'taster' events
- we organise major international art exhibitions
- we can arrange visits to museums and temporary exhibitions
We warmly welcome A-level teachers and students to attend lectures or workshops on subjects related to the A-level syllabus. Teachers and the public are also welcome to attend a wide range of research seminars in film history, American cinema, European cinemas, British cinema and television, East Asian cinemas, and Italian renaissance art.
Information for schools
We run taster workshops for school and college students through the University and Students' Union. These courses provide participants with a taste of Film Studies and History of Art degree programmes, with seminar subjects including:
- American and Hollywood cinema e.g. B-movies and Hollywood series
- East Asian cinemas e.g. Hong Kong New Wave
- British cinema and television e.g. James Bond and Doctor Who
- European cinemas
- Italian renaissance painting, drawing, and sculpture
- History of collecting
- Nineteenth-century French art
- Comics at the Movies
Participants also have the chance to garner insights into life as an undergraduate by meeting with current History of Art and Film students. These taster workshops provide an ideal introduction to degree-level Film Studies and History of Art.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with enquiries, or telephone +44 (0)116-2522674
Masterclasses offer an experience of learning designed to challenge the most able students in years 8 and 12. There is no fixed timetable for Masterclass events.
Contact email@example.com with enquiries, or telephone +44 (0)116 252 2674
Teachers and students may also be interested in the resources provided by Attenborough Arts Centre, which is hosted by University of Leicester. The Art Centre’s programme offers performance, courses and workshops, and contemporary art exhibitions.
Visit Attenborough Arts Centre website