About History of Art and Film at Leicester
History of Art and Film at Leicester is well-established with an impressive record in both teaching and research. We are an exceptionally friendly department with a high ratio of staff to students, and we will provide you with the necessary environment in which to foster your ideas, knowledge and opinions.
Why study with us?
You will gain a wide range of skills and are offered the opportunity to study practical art and filmmaking. We offer:
- Traditional and innovative courses in History of Art and Film Studies
- The opportunity to augment your studies with an optional year abroad
- Research-active academics whose knowledge and enthusiasm creates an inspirational teaching environment
- A rolling programme of visiting public lectures from eminent scholars and creatives in art and film
- Excellent facilities and resources, including a fully-equipped film theatre and a one-of-a-kind slide room with a collection of over 100,000 slides, 70,000 photographs, and 100 original prints, as well as collections of reference books and access to digital archives
We also enjoy close connections with the Attenborough Arts Centre: the University of Leicester's multi-use arts centre, created to be inclusive and encourage engagement in the arts by people with disabilities. It features a 120-seat performance area, three studios and an exhibition gallery.