CLEAPSS: Health and safety for science technicians
This one-day course aims to provide an introduction to health and safety for science laboratory technicians from schools and colleges.
Date and time
- Thursday 10 February and Thursday 5 May 2022
- 9.00am - 4.00pm
- £150 for CLEAPSS members
- £295 for non-members
- to raise awareness of the requirements of health and safety legislation
- to make technicians more confident with their responsibilities
- to raise awareness of the range of CLEAPSS services and advice
- to practise the risk assessment process
- to consider what safety management - managing safely means in practice for technicians
- to devise an action plan.
- legislation on health and safety including the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and its subsequent regulations
- legal bans, myths and rumour
- risk assessment in general, and personal risk assessment for technicians
- safe management and handling of resources for practical science
- communication with colleagues and with line management.