CLEAPSS: Health and safety management for heads of science
- Science teachers and heads of science
Date and time
- 16 May 2022
- 9.30am - 4.00pm
- £150 for CLEAPSS members
- £295 for non-members
- To raise awareness of current and significant safety issues of science teaching.
- To develop a better understanding of what is required by health and safety legislation.
- To consider the implications of this for the management of safety in science departments.
- To consider the risk assessment process, as required by Management regulations, COSHH regulations and others.
- To understand the uses of a safety policy and how it can be monitored.
The day will consist of training, discussions and a variety of activities intended to enhance participants understanding of the legislative framework and how it applies to schools, especially risk assessment.
By the end of the day participants:
- Will have explored in detail health and safety legislation.
- Will have considered what constitutes a sensible, manageable and effective approach to risk assessment.
- Will appreciate the need for a health and safety policy.
- Will have considered how its implementation can be sensibly monitored.