A postgraduate distance learning qualification from the University of Leicester is career changing. It can be the springboard to promotion with your current employer, the platform to move into a new area or to simply become more effective in your current role.
Within Criminology at Leicester, distance learning is part of our core educational provision and our programmes are flexible, high quality and focussed on you and your needs.
The MSc in Security and Risk Management is designed for those working or intending to work in security and risk related areas or those interested in this field. The course will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to enhance their knowledge and skills and move up the career ladder or make a career transition. This course will help to provide an academic context and qualification that relates to your work experience in this area.
Students are based worldwide and most have a security function in common. They may be likely to be from the following sectors (although this is not exhaustive):
- The Armed Forces – serving, or those shortly leaving or who have left. We are an ELCAS learning provider
- The Police – serving or retired police officers
- The United Nations, aid agencies and international development bodies
- Private security companies
- Prison security management – public or private sector
- Healthcare security management – public or private sector
- Private sector organisations – including retail, finance, the energy sector – those responsible for the security function in these types of organisations
- Public sector organisations – those responsible for a range of security functions
- Security providers – guarding and specialist security services
- Security consultants