These teaching resources were inspired by work done at the Royal Society Summer Exhibition 2019 by the BepiColombo team. These teaching aids were funded by the Science and Technology Facilities Council and the UK Space Agency.
These resources are here to aid you with you teaching content on the syllabus with mention of the current research that is occurring at the University of Leicester. If you have any queries or improvements for the content, please feel free to contact us.
Primary school resources
Year 3 – BepiColombo and Magnetism
Year 5 – BepiColombo and Craters on Mercury
- Lesson plan 1 - introducing students to Mercury (PDF, 149kb)
- Lesson plan 2 - experiment about cratering (PDF, 309kb)
- Slides for lesson plan 2 (PDF, 841kb)
Secondary school resources
KS3 – BepiColombo: Mission to Mercury
- Lesson plan - BepiColombo: Mission to Mercury (PDF, 128kb)
- Worksheet - BepiColombo: Mission to Mercury (PDF, 123kb)
- Slides - BepiColombo: Mission to Mercury (PDF, 1.7mb)